Altamaha River 5-10

Nimrod71

Where had all the fishes gone? I am glad yesterday was a good fishing day. I had not planned on fishing today, but my cousin Gabby called last night as ask how the fishing had been. As we talked I could tell he really wanted to go fishing, so I ask him to go with me today.

We were on the water at 7 a.m. and let me say, it was very cool on the water. My temp. gauge in my truck said it was 48 at the boat ramp. After yesterday's cool start I was prepared for today.

Gabby wanted catfish so I sent him to the river, he has fished with me before so he knew where to go. Yesterday I caught all my fish in the lake so I headed to the two best spots. I had caught all the fish on pinks to I started with them. After fishing the ramp spot for 30 minutes and no bites I headed to the back of the lake. I fished hard using both pinks and crickets for and hour and half and not a bite. What is going on?

After 5 hours of fishing I had 2 fish, a good hand size bream and a plate size shellcracker. Yesterday I had 21 plate size shellcrackers in 3 and half hours. I guess the big temp. drop tuned them off and the east wind.

I rode out to the river to check on Gabby and I found him at the mouth of the lake. He was fishing on bottom in the eddy between the river channel and lake mouth. He was catching fish. He had them from hand size to plate size. He was having a good time. It made me feel good to seeing him having a good time.

Well by noon he had all he wanted to clean so we loaded up and headed home. I don't think I'll fish tomorrow, Friday and Saturday are going to be good days.