Altamaha River Report 6-9

Nimrod71

Today is a new day, not yesterday. I was so excited I woke up at 5 this morning and as my Dad would say, I hit the deck. A quick breakfast, washed face, brushed teeth, took hand full of meds, I'm old, jumped into cloths, grabbed bait cooler with drinks and snacks, picked up rifle and out the door I went. The boat was already loaded and hooked up and the truck was full of gas. On the road again to the Altamaha River and a Great Day of fishing.

Last night all I could think of was all the fish I was going to catch today. I was blessed enough to find a real honey hole yesterday and my plan was to be tied up with bait in the water by 7 a.m.

The 7 a.m. did work, I was there with bait in the water, but after and hour all I had to show was 3 eels. Where had all the fish gone, I know I didn't catch them all yesterday. The only thing I could blame this on was that the river is falling out fast. From what I could see it looks like the river fell about a foot over night.

But, like I have been told, if they'er not biting here they are biting some where else. I moved up river to another promising looking spot. After 15 min. no fish, time to move. Again I mover up river, now I was getting to shallow but still no fish. Time to head down river to deeper water.p

I saw a good looking spot and tied up, due to current pushing the boat to the bank I could only fish the current side of the boat. The bank fell off fast deep water, when I checked this spot last year it was 13 ft. deep. I fished for another 15 min. and no fish. Time to move again.

Again, I went down river to the center of the curve. The water here is in the 15 ft. range with swift current. I have caught a lot of fish here in the past. Well again no fish but I did catch another eel. I moved again down river.

By now I was getting to the point of thinking of a hamburger for dinner. I picked a spot I had never fished. Would you believe time the bait hit bottom I had a bite. As I reeled in I was hoping it wasn't another eel, it wasn't, I had a nice size bream. Great something to eat at last. At this spot i coould fish both sides of the boat. To make a long story shot I caught 2 bream and 6 small channel cats.

As I set waiting on the next fish my cell rang and my wife said dinner was nearly ready and if I wanted to come on she would have it on the table when I got home. Fried cube steak, gravy, home made mashed potatoes, fresh mustard greens, butter beans, corn bread and ice tea. Time to head to the boat ramp.

Again, as I was once told, a Good Fisherman can always catch fish. No one said how many.

The Lord blessed me with enough fish for my wife and myself. Today I went fishing with greed in my heart to catch a cooler full of fish, the Lord provided what I needed.

Another great day on the mighty Altamaha River.

Big7

The Oracle
Today is a new day, not yesterday. I was so excited I woke up at 5 this morning and as my Dad would say, I hit the deck. A quick breakfast, washed face, brushed teeth, took hand full of meds, I'm old, jumped into cloths, grabbed bait cooler with drinks and snacks, picked up rifle and out the door I went. The boat was already loaded and hooked up and the truck was full of gas. On the road again to the Altamaha River and a Great Day of fishing.

Last night all I could think of was all the fish I was going to catch today. I was blessed enough to find a real honey hole yesterday and my plan was to be tied up with bait in the water by 7 a.m.

The 7 a.m. did work, I was there with bait in the water, but after and hour all I had to show was 3 eels. Where had all the fish gone, I know I didn't catch them all yesterday. The only thing I could blame this on was that the river is falling out fast. From what I could see it looks like the river fell about a foot over night.

But, like I have been told, if they'er not biting here they are biting some where else. I moved up river to another promising looking spot. After 15 min. no fish, time to move. Again I mover up river, now I was getting to shallow but still no fish. Time to head down river to deeper water.p

I saw a good looking spot and tied up, due to current pushing the boat to the bank I could only fish the current side of the boat. The bank fell off fast deep water, when I checked this spot last year it was 13 ft. deep. I fished for another 15 min. and no fish. Time to move again.

Again, I went down river to the center of the curve. The water here is in the 15 ft. range with swift current. I have caught a lot of fish here in the past. Well again no fish but I did catch another eel. I moved again down river.

By now I was getting to the point of thinking of a hamburger for dinner. I picked a spot I had never fished. Would you believe time the bait hit bottom I had a bite. As I reeled in I was hoping it wasn't another eel, it wasn't, I had a nice size bream. Great something to eat at last. At this spot i coould fish both sides of the boat. To make a long story shot I caught 2 bream and 6 small channel cats.

As I set waiting on the next fish my cell rang and my wife said dinner was nearly ready and if I wanted to come on she would have it on the table when I got home. Fried cube steak, gravy, home made mashed potatoes, fresh mustard greens, butter beans, corn bread and ice tea. Time to head to the boat ramp.

Again, as I was once told, a Good Fisherman can always catch fish. No one said how many.

The Lord blessed me with enough fish for my wife and myself. Today I went fishing with greed in my heart to catch a cooler full of fish, the Lord provided what I needed.

Another great day on the mighty Altamaha River.
If you ever need another guy in the boat that can fish, hit me up. I can be down there in less than 8 hours.

I'll buy all the fuel and bait and clean all the fish.

I always wanted to fish there but haven't had an opportunity.

Latest posts