Altamaha River Report 8-5

Nimrod71

I'm back at it again. I love fishing, just don't like the heat. I headed to the river this morning at 6:20 and I was on the water at 7. Hooks were in the water by 7:30. I caught the first fish at 8:10, a three finger bream, I throw it back. The next 3 fish wAAere 3 to 4 finger size, all back in the water. Just to get these I moved 4 times. At 10 I headed back to the boat ramp. As I passed the turkey tree I decided to try it one more time. I tied off and dropped the bait in the water, in 5 min I had a nice channel in the boat, about 3/4 lb. This was the place. I caught a plate size bream and 3 more channels about the same size, then they stopped biting. It was like flipping the switch, they stopped and the bite stealers started. Time to head in.

The Lord blessed me with enough for my Wonderful Wife and I to have for supper with her world famous coleslaw, jalapeno/onion hushpuppies and creamy cheese grits served with ice tea and apple pie.

Nimrod71

Yes you did. I know it was the days to go, because I didn't. They always bite better when I don't go or when I have worms and they are biting crickets.

You did Good. Keep fishing.