• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Haven't been yet

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Christian hughey

Yeah I noticed, had 3 people in a maroon dodge come in on us. The old man talks way too loud while trying to hunt, just sayin. Think they were aggravated we were there. Sorry fellas been hunting there 5 years now and never run into anyone there until this season so move along or take a seat by my stand that was there since Friday! On another note the mountain handed my *** to me and sent me home empty handed this time. It was beautiful and plenty of sign just no movement coming down the ridges be back in a couple weeks. Good luck out there!

Last edited:

Whit90

I was thinking about this the other day. I will admit, I never had the desire to kill a bear because I assumed that they were no good to eat and people only killed them for their hide. Then I discovered the Bear Hunting Magazine podcast. I was then informed that bear is actually good to eat and the fat can be rendered and used for cooking and other things. So, I was turned onto bear hunting because of podcast and I am one of those new guys yall are seeing this year.

I couldn't help but wonder how many other people have been influenced to try bear hunting by podcasts and YouTube videos. I assume a lot of deer hunters will decide to give bear hunting a go at some point because of todays hunting media.

After opening weekend I can tell yall, I am here to stay! But maybe some of these new guys wont be able to take the butt whoopin that the mountain will give them and they will give it up.

I am thankful for the opportunity that our mountains give all of us. I have been deer hunting public land since I was young, and you can bet that if there is someone parked were I want to go then I am going to let them have it and go on down the road to another place. If I do walk in on someone they will get a quick wave goodbye from me as I turn around and head out the way I came. Hope yall have a great season!

BigBeaver

I was thinking about this the other day. I will admit, I never had the desire to kill a bear because I assumed that they were no good to eat and people only killed them for their hide. Then I discovered the Bear Hunting Magazine podcast. I was then informed that bear is actually good to eat and the fat can be rendered and used for cooking and other things. So, I was turned onto bear hunting because of podcast and I am one of those new guys yall are seeing this year.

I couldn't help but wonder how many other people have been influenced to try bear hunting by podcasts and YouTube videos. I assume a lot of deer hunters will decide to give bear hunting a go at some point because of todays hunting media.

After opening weekend I can tell yall, I am here to stay! But maybe some of these new guys wont be able to take the butt whoopin that the mountain will give them and they will give it up.

I am thankful for the opportunity that our mountains give all of us. I have been deer hunting public land since I was young, and you can bet that if there is someone parked were I want to go then I am going to let them have it and go on down the road to another place. If I do walk in on someone they will get a quick wave goodbye from me as I turn around and head out the way I came. Hope yall have a great season!
I am in kind of the same boat. I was contemplating trying to do some bear hunting, then I listened to those same podcasts and decided that I had to try it. I'm making the 3 hour drive up tonight after work to sleep for a few hours and get after it hard until tomorrow afternoon when I have to be back for home/family duties and work. I'm just really hoping to learn a new game to hunt and a bear in the pack a bonus.

Christian hughey

Definitely how it should be, unfortunately you have hunters that feel it's their spot alone and will climb a tree within sight and watch the other way. I personally welcome anyone to the sport as long as they got some sense about their self out there. I fell in love with bear hunting some years ago and I'm still somewhat of the new guy in the hills, all of us have the same goal in mind. Love for the sport and conservation of the property and wildlife. The bickering about who's spot is who's doesn't happen that often out there with that much territory! As mentioned earlier most are just going to the closest ridge and out before dark. ?

Professor

I hunt Sprewell's bluff some. It is open all season, so most of the time I will have it to myself, or maybe I see a truck or two. On the doe days though, I have learned to stay home. People are walking all over that place. It is like they think it is a dove shoot and they need to go to the truck for a drink. You can not get away from it either.

Christian hughey

I hunt Sprewell's bluff some. It is open all season, so most of the time I will have it to myself, or maybe I see a truck or two. On the doe days though, I have learned to stay home. People are walking all over that place. It is like they think it is a dove shoot and they need to go to the truck for a drink. You can not get away from it either.
I hunt the bow area across the river! Real nice place. Seems they are butchering the gun side!