Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullgator

I wish gas prices wouldn’t go up as hurricanes approach Florida.........but they do.

Jester896

Senior Clown
cry-baby-13.jpg
disagreeing with each others view is one thing...if you have to resort to this.. it leads me to believe that you aren't discussing it with a good position. I have the hopes that I haven't been insulting....and haven't projected my position as a cry baby as you are doing...and trying to convince me that I am....next time you buy something for $1 and are able to sell it for $2 after you used it a minute....I hope you think back on this and loose sleep because you didn't sell it for a quarter...have a good day sir.

treemanjohn

Banned
most businesses can't survive on a 20% margin. The latest figures in our industry is that the burden for shelving inventory is somewhere around 12%. Then you have to add on fixed overhead, payroll and other costs. It takes somewhere in the 26% gross profit margin just to break even. That means if I work hard all year, and have a 26% gross margin, I worked for nothing that year.
Business 101 folks

Tight Lines

I sold 3 boxes of .223 to a fine fellow this week at under cost...because I knew he needed some for deer season and his kids...not a friend, just someone I met on here...no way I would have "gouged" him when I knew he needed it...

Now, if my Yale educated liberal neighbor wanted a flat of 9MM for his new weapon because he is terrified, well, it ain't going for cheap my friend...what's it worth to you? Cause I can just leave it in the safe...

sleepr71

For some of us...Hunting/Guns/Ammo/Components are our Hobby. A passionate Hobby,that we care to share with others & get younger people into.For others...it’s merely something else for them to flip..to make money off of. Doesn’t matter who...it’s all about the $$$. It’s your job as a consumer to educate yourself on prices & buy when things are cheaper..and not be taken advantage of. Lots of new gun owners being taken advantage of,but they procrastinated & now have to pay out the nose. I like the “Bigger Fool” analysis..??

sleepr71

One of the girls at work bought her first handgun recently(380 EZ) .No ammo to be found,even where she bought the gun. Husband works out of town & she has 4 kids. I gave her a box of FMJ to practice & learn the gun with,then GAVE her 2 boxes of Fed Premium SD ammo. I made her promise to shoot the cheap ammo over several sessions & at least ONE mag of the SD ammo to check for function & accuracy. I probably had $30-35 in that ammo. She offered me $60.00 & I said absolutely NOT...just bring me some hand-me-down Barbies & stuff for my little girl?. I guess if you don’t have a job/career..then you go buy out Academy & such then Flip it on GON/ODT for double the price?? IDK..We work for a living & just buy when the prices are low. I’m not supporting FLIPPER/GOUGERS..:cheers:

Nimrod71

Man it all boils down to how much you want it or if you really need it. Needs and wants are not the same thing. if someone needs a box of ammo for protection or to get them something to eat that's one thing, but to want ammo just to go out and shoot up that's another. I don't advise anyone to be wasting ammo at this time. Buy only what you need. A friend of mine has a Gun store and he is having to pay retail prices just to have ammo to sale. I have heard several customers say the prices were to high and he was robbing people and they were quick to say it was cheaper at Wal Mart or some other store. He told them to go buy it, they admitted the other store didn't have it and couldn't get it.

Some people will never learn, this is not the first time ammo and reloading components have been hard to get. I learned this lesson 20 years ago, I like a stash for hard times. Remember the Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared.

And if anyone is interested Brantley Marine in Vidalia has a good supply of hunting ammo, 223-243-6mm, 25-06, 270's, 7mm08, 7mm Mag, 30-30, 308, 20-06 and more, limit one box per-customer / per-day.

Bobby Bigtime

Wife and I were in the city(big sky country) and the major sporting goods stores were stripped. While we were in cabelas there was a major grab and dash shoplifting operation in progress....crazy. Here in our local village, we are lucky that nearly everything is still available. Most have a two box limit though. Can't buy a primer and most powders. Family in California, Oklahoma and Alabama are having a rough time finding anything.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
2 days ago my sis in law's friend (woman) bought a new Kimber Micro 9 at Cabelas. Not a round of any sort on the shelves to buy.
My sis in law tells me that she offered to split the Hydra Shoks she carries in her G43 magazine with her !!!!
I said wait...WHAT!?!?!?
1. YOU don't have ANY other ammo except what is in your mag?
And 2. Your friend isnt going to check for function and reliability ESPECIALLY with a Kimber micro 9 which are recommended to have a hundred or so put through it for optimal functioning!?!?!?

Have her bring it here and I will CLEAN it for her.
I gave them each 100rnds of fmj and another 40 rnds each in those little 20rnd boxes of 124gr Hydra Shok ammo.
Price on the boxes said $8.00, lololol

snuffy

I don't understand who or how they are buying all the guns and ammo.
It is NEVER in the stores so how are they buying it.

Especially guns that require paper work.

Glad I stocked up. After the last time this happened I said they would never catch me short again. Would like to have a few more rounds for my hunting guns though.

killerv

I don't understand who or how they are buying all the guns and ammo.
It is NEVER in the stores so how are they buying it.

Especially guns that require paper work.

Glad I stocked up. After the last time this happened I said they would never catch me short again. Would like to have a few more rounds for my hunting guns though.

thats because you have a job more thank likely and cant be at the stores when they open up. I met a guy at a cookout a couple years back, bragging about being retired and flipping ammo. Saw him at the checkout line at bps the other day and I made a comment to the cashier about him, cashier says he is in there atleast 3 times a day checking on ammo getting put out for sale. Said the guy had been blacklisted from academy recently, the guy brags about it evidently and told the cashier that he has already flipped 300k rounds of ammo. Anyway, bps just put out signs this week limiting sales. And come xmas, little timmy will get a 10/22 that he cant shoot because 22lr cant be found or is 100 bucks a brick....like I saw at money mizer in macon the other day. Crazy.

transfixer

Got lucky a little while ago, out running errands and needed to pick up a pair of camo pants at Academy, strolled by the ammo isle and to my surprise they had a small selection of hunting ammo, not much but about 8 or 10 boxes of each, .308, 224 valkyrie, .30-30, .270, 25-06, and much to my surprise Hornady Black 7.62x39 `123gr sst's,, just what I was wanting to hunt with for my AR I put together,, its been impossible to find online,, they had 8 boxes,, I got 2 of them, $22.99 a box,

I"m set now for the season, everything else I load my own, except the 7.62x39

transfixer

Bought me 4 more boxes of 12ga shells. Some walmarts have it some don't. Not a big find but the price has not gone up there either.

Both Academy stores near me have plenty of 12ga and a good bit of 20ga bird shot, even saw some 12ga hevi shot at the Douglasville one.

BriarPatch99

In less than 30 days we should have a better idea if "this" continues or suddenly gets worse .... At best I believe it will continue for a while before getting better ....

Wal-Mart here has very little of anything even shotshells ... LGS has a few things but not much ...

At least toilet paper is back for now?

TJay

I'm probably the last to know this but Federal sells ammo direct on their website, and it appears they have a pretty good stock. It's a little pricey but it's there.

kmaxwell3

I sold 3 boxes of .223 to a fine fellow this week at under cost...because I knew he needed some for deer season and his kids...not a friend, just someone I met on here...no way I would have "gouged" him when I knew he needed it...

Now, if my Yale educated liberal neighbor wanted a flat of 9MM for his new weapon because he is terrified, well, it ain't going for cheap my friend...what's it worth to you? Cause I can just leave it in the safe...
Thanks again for the ammo you sold me KS Bow Hunter. It was nice meeting you and your wife. My kids will be hunting with that ammo this weekend. Guys KS Bow Hunter is good people. He gave me a heck of a deal on that ammo when he didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.