Another Killer Elite blind frame

new pics

Attachments

• ~4703093.JPG
    ~4703093.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 1,242

steelshotslayer

:pop: I would like to know how he made that picture I've got a couple I would like to do for my hunting partners

steelshotslayer

Sure don't but around here don't do much hunting out of a boat, but haven't heard a single complaint from any of the guys in here about it

Took your advice

Do you have any idea what you are talking about??? You can build a custom blind much better than the store bought ones. FYI
I an building one for a buddy of mine and I have clamped the blind on the inside of the boat instead of the outside of the boat. The cross channels do not extend out side of the gunwales. Thanks for the idea.

Wlrountree

Can't make everybody happy

Well I know the one you put on Jim's boat last was pretty great all except that bleached out burlap his buddy got for him

steelshotslayer

The only problem I see with the stealth is mounting it to that boxed off front end you have no where for the cross part to attach to. took me 10 mins to type this Mr. I don't wanna go to sleep like my brother is using daddy as a jungle gym

Gaducker

Guess you got a blind building business yourself huh.

I have never seen a store bought blind that I would consider durable and worth the money it sold for, And I have been PAID to build quite a few blinds.

The killer blind wont work on the stealth

The only problem I see with the stealth is mounting it to that boxed off front end you have no where for the cross part to attach to. took me 10 mins to type this Mr. I don't wanna go to sleep like my brother is using daddy as a jungle gym
But there is another way to build one with floor flanges and 6 inch stub up pipes that will hold some 1/2 inch emt. It will role out like a roll up dove blind. Lance Miller has one on his boat that I built for him. Had to do it that way because he has stick steering in his boat.

steelshotslayer

But there is another way to build one with floor flanges and 6 inch stub up pipes that will hold some 1/2 inch emt. It will role out like a roll up dove blind. Lance Miller has one on his boat that I built for him. Had to do it that way because he has stick steering in his boat.

Ah :fine:

The killer is not suppose to replace an Avery or Northern flight or a real high class custom built blind. It is a cheap blind frame that just about anybody can build with a hack saw, adjustable wrench, Pliers or channel locks and a drill with some bits. All the parts can be bought at any home depot and or lowes for less than a hundred bucks. The price goes up if you have to buy a bender. This will bring the price up to about 130 dollars. If you have the money I urge to buy an Avery or the blind of your choice. I used a killer elite blind on my boats for years. One of my buddys talked me into buying an Avery quick set. I love the blind its great. It cost about 800 dollars and then you still have to install it. I love mine and if you got the money buy one. But if you don't have the money build you a killer. modify the design to fit your boat and your needs and go hunt. Good luck to all. Guys its an idea to help people. You know some times its hard to buy Christmas for your wife and your children or do you buy that great Avery quick set which is worth every dollar they charge for one. Or do I buy Christmas for my kids and wife and I hunt out of a killer elite. Its your choice. If you build it just pass it on to your buddys is all I ask.

Gaducker how or what would you do to improve the killer elite?

Gaducker

Gaducker how or what would you do to improve the killer elite?

For the way and purpose you build these I would say its perfect. Cheap and quick on and off the boat is what you are shooting for right

I build them out of 1 1/2 inch aluminized pipe and the rear pivot is always off the transom and the frame follows the gunwale all the way up to the front of the boat where a piece of angle is used to secure the front pivot points. That way if you hit something the boat is hitting it not the frame.

The only thing I would do differently on yours is keep the frame on or inside the boat preferably on the gunwale so it wont fall inside the boat.