Another Killer Elite blind frame

Thanks

For the way and purpose you build these I would say its perfect. Cheap and quick on and off the boat is what you are shooting for right

I build them out of 1 1/2 inch aluminized pipe and the rear pivot is always off the transom and the frame follows the gunwale all the way up to the front of the boat where a piece of angle is used to secure the front pivot points. That way if you hit something the boat is hitting it not the frame.

The only thing I would do differently on yours is keep the frame on or inside the boat preferably on the gunwale so it wont fall inside the boat.
Thanks I will try some of your ideas.

Pictures of Killer elite in progress

More pics. The two pictures of the camo is from Creekrocket.

Attachments

• boat with a seat.jpg
    boat with a seat.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,285
  • attachment 2.jpg
    attachment 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 820
  • Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 844
  • blind on a Boat.jpg
    blind on a Boat.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 805
  • attachment 1.jpg
    attachment 1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 807
This is the same boat. Now you see the white boat now you don't. I think CreekRocket has about 50 bucks invested it this Killer Elite blind. He is using old shrimp net to build his camo net.

Attachments

• null_zps877295bd.jpg
    null_zps877295bd.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 774
  • blind on a Boat.jpg
    blind on a Boat.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 725

MudDucker

Staff member
You would fall out if you seen what some folks hunt sea ducks out of!!!

Exactly, my last sea duck hunt was out of 50 foot start white commercial fishing boat that we sat on the back deck of in plastic chairs. :bounce:

The only thing it cost you is that you must pass it on.

I wish the last camo boat was mine.. That's my intentions...
If you have to buy the bender. The blind will cost you about a hundred twenty dollars with out camo. You buy all the stuff at Home Depot, Lowes or your local electrical supply house.

Covehnter

Why not use rope, ring and carabiner at the top to keep the blind up? Take the frame all the way to the front following the gunnel? Get that cross bar outta the way. Can't deal with a cluttered hull. This is the way I make mine. And always aluminum. Just suggestions.

You can doit that way

Why not use rope, ring and carabiner at the top to keep the blind up? Take the frame all the way to the front following the gunnel? Get that cross bar outta the way. Can't deal with a cluttered hull. This is the way I make mine. And always aluminum. Just suggestions.
Aluminum conduit will not hold up. Trust me aluminum conduit will bend in the wind. I have run enough conduit that I can say this. Now I can not say that about aluminum pipe. But I think it would be a bit more in the cost. The next thing is how do you connect the pipe. Cut and thread the pipe? The rope and the carabiner is another modification that you can do to improve the blind to fit your needs. The blind can be modified in anyway that you want to change it . The idea is for some one to be able to go to any Home Depot or Lowes and buy what you need to build the blind. The cost is less that a 150 dollars and thats if you have to buy the 3/4 inch bender. Now if you can weld and have allot of tools you can improve the blind and its durability buy a hundred fold. But if you have a drill ,battery or electric. A hack saw, a pair of Channel locks and an adjustable wrench. You can build this blind on your boat in the back yard in several hours. All I have ever ask is that you pass iton to somebody elese. Thanks for your Ideas on improvement.

Covehnter

Aluminum pipe yes, and I've always used one piece per side. No need to connect. Which I have done, using a collar; simple enough.

And front to back- once it's up there's nothing to hide and eliminates that box effect blinds often cast. Just more for folks to consider. I bet Chad at Prodigy Boats could help folks with finding that aluminum pipe too.

This is what a blind should look like

Aluminum pipe yes, and I've always used one piece per side. No need to connect. Which I have done, using a collar; simple enough.

And front to back- once it's up there's nothing to hide and eliminates that box effect blinds often cast. Just more for folks to consider. I bet Chad at Prodigy Boats could help folks with finding that aluminum pipe too.

You can buy aluminum pipe. I checked with Moore industrial supply in Savannah. Aluminum pipe cost about 3 to 4 dollar a foot and that price can go up depending on size and shipping. I am not saying dont use it. But the intent of the Killer Elite blind is that someone can build it cheap and the supplies can found at you local home supply store. Of course you can build a blind better. The killer Elite is for someone that does not have the money to invest in a well built Avery or Northen flight blind. Like I said if you can improve the idea please do. I like your blind and I can see where you have invested the time and money in building a great blind that fits your needs. But for the weekend waterfowler that is worried about buying Christmas for his kids and wife. For the guy thats hunting with an old Mosssberg or Remington pump. That has bought his hunting Jaket at walmart along with his decoys. The killer elite is a pretty good Rig.

grouper throat

The ones my bro and I made were galvanized aluminum pipe and there was no need for the long base sliding brackets (although a great idea!). It had a middle stabilizer piece (quick disconnect pins also) that connected the two sides about halfway up. I liked to take off the blind easily when we used it to gig flounder or snatch mullet.

All these pics of blinds are very nice and affordable though.

bigkga69

I like that ghillie (sp?) blind material, that looks good!

bump for the new guys that need a blind

Last edited:

Core Lokt

My buddy really likes the blind. Killed lots of ducks out of the new blind this year. Thanks again killer.

Thank you for the thread. You built it. I am just want the new folks to see it. Does not cost you a dime for the idea you must pass it on.

Last edited: