Anybody been kepping up with the Mathews scuttlebutt?

reylamb

To answer the question here.... why did M make a two cam bow? To show the other companies they could do what they are trying to do only better!! I think I will be ordering a Reezen 7 today.

You really have drank a serious dose of the koolaid there bark-o-lounger guy:bounce:

The speed bow is an X-Force with 2 true cams, not hybrid, and 1" less BH. Heck, it even looks exactly like an X-Force.......Plus, I also notice they are calling it the McPherson Monster.....which is why Matt bought the McPherson name back apparently....he can technically say it is a McPherson and not a Mathews....I guess.

Brian from GA

You really have drank a serious dose of the koolaid there bark-o-lounger guy:bounce:

The speed bow is an X-Force with 2 true cams, not hybrid, and 1" less BH. Heck, it even looks exactly like an X-Force.......Plus, I also notice they are calling it the McPherson Monster.....which is why Matt bought the McPherson name back apparently....he can technically say it is a McPherson and not a Mathews....I guess.

I have ordered the Monster with the 6" brace not the 5". It was a toss up between that and the Reezen 7.0. But since my bow shoulder is in horrible shape I am ordering the 60 pounder. Plus the A to A of the Monster is a touch longer and I am not a huge fan of super short. I am actually curious about the 2 cam. I have shot alot of the X-Forces and I like them. The original draw curve was rough but again at 60 it is easier than a 70 pounder anyway. I have not shot the 09 XForce but they say it is smoother. I will play with the Monster and see if I like it.

reylamb

I would say its probably 90% operator.... everyone makes a pretty good bow these days. Tough to pick out a poor one right now.
97% operator, truth be told. Chance has proven that with Vegas wins from multiple manufacturers, Nathan won with Hoyt and won with PSE, Michael had good finishes with Hoyt and Mathews, Tim was good back in the day when he shot Hoyt and is still good with the Mathews, Hoppy has won with whatever was in his hand, so did Ulmer.....heck, even the Cannuck Deitmer has won with multiple mfgs.....

reylamb

I have ordered the Monster with the 6" brace not the 5". It was a toss up between that and the Reezen 7.0. But since my bow shoulder is in horrible shape I am ordering the 60 pounder. Plus the A to A of the Monster is a touch longer and I am not a huge fan of super short. I am actually curious about the 2 cam. I have shot alot of the X-Forces and I like them. The original draw curve was rough but again at 60 it is easier than a 70 pounder anyway. I have not shot the 09 XForce but they say it is smoother. I will play with the Monster and see if I like it.

the 09 X forces are much smoother than the earlier versions, refined maybe is the better word.

I think, although I have not shot one to verify this, but I think the Monster will draw slightly stiffer than the original X forces since it is a true dual cam and not a hybrid, thus making it just a tad stronger since both cams are technically working.........but that is only a guess at this point.