Anybody care for pickled cackle berries?

Wire Nut

Black pepper, a few jalapeño slices, garlic and a few shakes of cayenne. Boil the vinegar and pour hot vinegar over the eggs and spices. I put them in the fridge right away. Doesn’t matter if the top doesn’t set on the jar. They won’t last long enough to go bad

Dr. Strangelove

I love 'em and make my own as well. I like to put sliced beets, onions and garlic in mine. The beets give them that pinkish hue that really puts people off, that way they stay out of my pickled eggs. :cool:

I love pickled quail eggs too, I've made them a time or two but they're really just too much trouble to fool with. I break half of them trying to remove the shell.

pop pop jones

Lol, I've tried 3 or 4 times to eat them. I can bite into them, and chew them up. My problem is, my throat just won't let me sallow them. The only way I can get them down, is to wash it down with a beer. I quit even trying.

specialk

an italian friend of mine would do pickle beets and hard boiled eggs in the same jar.....they were the best ever!

pop pop jones

I get pickled beer sausages {like penrose sausage} from Rural King, and when they are finished I pickle some in their juice
I used to love those penrose sausages. Then the company stopped making them.

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My dad used to keep pickled eggs in the fridge...

Big Jar, 1/2 cider vinegar, 1/2 hot sauce. Add eggs, as needed.

We would take a few hunting and fishing, and snack on them along and along.

That jar stayed in the fridge for YEARS, he'd just add eggs or a fresh dollop of vinegar/hot sauce.

Never found one in a store that I liked.