Anybody Else hunt with older bows

Squirrel hunter22

I shoot a High country compound I had it since I was 14 that was 10 years ago .. It was a gift from one of my mentors growing up and I cherish every ounce of it and will never part with it .. The draw weight is #65 and draw lengthy is 29, I couldn't pull it back when I first got it .. When I turned 15 I finally could and shot it daily honing my skills. I turned 16 I shot my first archery deer with it not far from my grandmother's house .. I was using thunderheads and had a complete pass through on the 8 point buck . I hit the heart a piece of lung and a rib on the exit .. Just all in all it brings back good memories and is a good shooting bow That I will forever keep.. Anyone else has a older bow they still hunt with or will not get rid off.

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_201124.jpg
    IMG_20200524_201124.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 54
  • received_1106813049698768.jpeg
    received_1106813049698768.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 51

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I run about 10 years a bow. I'm on my fourth. Last upgrade was to give my little brother my bow, so I needed another one. If your bow doesn't handicap your hunt, hang in there with it. It doesn't have to be a conversation piece.

Hillbilly stalker

I have/ had a Mathews Legacy I bought in 2002. Killed between 8-15 deer a year with it for several years. My boy watched me shoot it, he helped trail, drag and clean a lot of the deer I took with it. Her name was “ Honey”. When his shoulders got wide enough...I handed her to him. He’s still killing deer with it. I tried to buy him a new bow as a gift and he just shook his head. I still have my first bow, an old Bear Whitetail 2, bought it in 1984 or 1985, scared to shoot it anymore tho.

DSGB

Still shooting a PSE Stinger '08 model. Last season was the first year I didn't kill a deer with it. If it ain't broke.........

benellisbe

Oldest bow I have and still shoot in the yard is a 1987 Oneida Screaming Eagle (SE900). I also have an Oneida Kestrel that I really enjoy shooting. It is far smoother than that old SE900. I also have an Elite Hunter and a Hoyt RX-3.

Ga Waters

I shoot an American Archery Cheeta Special Hunter from back in the late 1960's. A 45# recurve. I shot it 13 years before buying a rifle. I shoot 50-75 arrows a day with this bow and it still shoots great. Don't know what I'll replace it with when it's gone.

across the river

I still deer hunt with a High Country as well that I have had for 27 years. If it still kills them, why buy a new one.

EDH

I hunt with a Mathews Q2. I got it brand new in the early 2000’s. It still shoots good so I haven’t thought about upgrading. If and when I do I’ll probably go used. Bows seem to depreciate pretty quick.