Anyone know what is going on with Bowanna?

j_seph

Seen a post on FB yesterday, seems he is having some issues.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Lee has been updating via FB since end of January on his fight with lung cancer. He is holding strong and thousands of us are pulling for him.

I’m not on FB, sorry to hear that.

DoubleRR

Lee is One of the Good Ones for Sure!! ... I saw where he said he was out of Face Book Jail...

BowanaLee

I knew just before deer season that something was wrong. Just didn't say anything until the doctors and I knew for sure and had a plan. I've never had health care before. Luckily God gave me medicare part A for my 65th birthday. I purchased part B, a supplement plan and a small prescription plan. I had cancer and didn't even know it. Got my flu and pneumonia shot and had a little trouble breathing. Since I had new insurance figured I'd try it out. X rays and CT scans found some spots so they schedules a PET scan and found it. Lung cancer stage 2. Its in my airway covering the entrance to my lower left lobe. " squamous cell carcinoma" The smokers cancer. I haven't smoked in around 15 years. The plan is to hit it with 4 rounds of chemo and take my lower left lobe. Its just in a bad place. The incision would be close to the tumor. They want to make sure there's no cancer cells in the area. They're shooting for a cure, not remission. I have my doubts though ? We'll see ? I've had emphysema for years. I don't breath well now, especially since its covering my airway. Don't know how I'll be after the operation. They wanted to take the whole lung for the cure but I'm not a candidate for that with emphysema. It might put me on a respirator or oxygen ? I'm going for a endoscopy Monday and the 3rd round of chemo Wednesday. Should get another pic and know more about how its reacting ? Chemo is poison. I've had some bad days with chemo sickness and bone pain but so far, nothing I couldn't handle. I didn't recognize myself with out hair. LOL Thats really all I know right now. It had to be divine intervention to get insurance at that time. I'll never believe it happened any other way.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Lee, we are all pulling for you bud....... Too many of them big suburban bruisers with your name on them running around. Prayers.

JROESEL

PRAYERS sent your way friend, I’ve never meet you, but your GON family, and have been for a while, GOD works in mysterious ways, and he will never put you through something he can’t get you out of... believe it, I pray everything turns out and your able to get back to family and in a tree... may GOD BLESS

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Prayers from here as well, my man. Do what the docs say and get this thing whipped.

The doctors took my lower left lobe 43 years ago and, after some recuperation, I have not missed it. Mine wasn't cancer though. Keep us up on your recovery. Those bucks wouldn't know what to do without you next year.

uturn

Praying for ya Bow Brother!

Stay Strong and know We are Fighting with You Always!!

Pilgrim

Praying for you! "Our God is an ever-present help in time of need." Psalm 46

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You’ve been in my prayers too brother......GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!

Rip Steele

I've been following you on facebook myself. Your in my thoughts. I know people who have had lung cancer and made it through, but I seen how rough the chemo can be on a man. Stay strong

davidf

sending prayers your way stay strong and keep the faith.