Anyone know what is going on with Bowanna?

BowanaLee

I finished chemo and the tumors gone. It was actually gone half way through chemo. That doesn't mean I'm in remission or cured. I still have cancer. Chemo and radiation spread cancer cells throughout your body as they dissolve the cancer. It could come back anywhere. Since I had chemo I'm no longer considered curable by operation but we might be able to put it in remission ? I think I'm putting off the operation to remove left lower lobe and going to radiation instead. We'll check every 3 months to see if its come back.

BowanaLee

I decided to hit it with radiation instead of the operation. I don't think I breath well enough to lose part of a lung. I'm starting pre scan Monday, they''ll be mapping the area with another CT scan and overlaying previous CT and PET scans so they'll know exactly where to put the radiation beam. I like the confidence this doctor has in taking care of this. He said, since it has such a good response to chemo and its so small of an area, chances are great we can defeat this. I wish my other doctors and I had his confidence. Hes seen this many times before so he must know what hes talking about. If I remember right, he said 20 low dose treatments monday-friday. Low dose is because its in a bad area. I might have to wait for an opening but I think we can set it up so it won't interfere with me working. He said I'll be in and out within 30 minutes every day. Side effects should be very minimal compared to chemo. We'll see ?

BowanaLee

Lee, you keep fighting , we keep PRAYING. Miss see you around the 3D range. GOD BLESS YOU .
I miss shooting too. My eyes have gotten so bad I'm not competitive anymore. Everythings blurry and chemo effected them too. Probably cataracts ? Maybe after this mess I'm in I can get it looked at ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks for keeping us posted. Keep up the fight brother Lee! We definitely need you here!

BowanaLee

Just finished my 4th round of radiation with 16 more to go. I'm getting one 5 days a week. Should get the last one on 6/30. I have it set up where I get one just before work every day. So far its a walk in the park compared to chemo. That can change as I get more treatments though ?
Heck, I might get another deer season ?
Those big bucks are shaking in their hooves.:cool:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I got a few with your attitude you gonna see a lot more deer seasons .

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just finished my 4th round of radiation with 16 more to go. I'm getting one 5 days a week. Should get the last one on 6/30. I have it set up where I get one just before work every day. So far its a walk in the park compared to chemo. That can change as I get more treatments though ?

You're a tough bird Lee and you're fighting the good fight. Hoping to see pics of you with dead deer this Fall!

Rosco

Good luck and sending prayers! Keep up the positive attitude and stay as active as possible through your treatments!