Archeological work at Yellowstone

243Savage

I thought this would be of interest to some of you.... I've been buddying up to the park archeologists trying to get a little closer to what they do. They rely heavily on my support in technology services and are a real nice bunch of folks. I found out today that there are known wikiups (sp?) still in place from Native American seasonal migrations through Yellowstone. They recently found a huge stash of lodgepoles that appears to have been a cache that was used while migrating to higher elevations, and lots of evidence of stone work. Still to this day, they are finding intact areas of early settlements and camps and have pages and pages of yet to be closely examined sites deep in the interior. Whenever I get to go out in the field with them, and it's only a matter of time, I'll be sure to take the camera and post some pics.

BIGABOW

You have definately made a move for the better, You and Z- have got lots to look forward to FO SHO!

chinquapin

that's some good stuff right there!! That should be some awesome adventures coming your way! Keep us posted on that

Thanks,
Ben

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Can't wait for some pics!

FX Jenkins