Sunscreen

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Well, I've been exposing myself for almost 70 years and only had one. However, the older we get the less resilient the body is, so I need to make myself do it now.
You don't have blue eyes, do you?

My dermatologist told me anyone with blue eyes has the skin pigmentation that makes them susceptible to skin cancer.
Both sides of my nose have been reconstructed. several cut and sews all over my face.
My wife gets mad and says "You'll never wrinkle".

MudDucker

Staff member
You don't have blue eyes, do you?

My dermatologist told me anyone with blue eyes has the skin pigmentation that makes them susceptible to skin cancer.

Yep sure do. I've heard that as well.

ssramage

My wife did some research on sunscreens a couple years ago and landed on Sun Bum products. That's basically all she uses on the kids and so I end up using it too. It seems to work pretty well.

I will say that I'm terrible about applying sunscreen. I typically wear long shirts and a hat, but I hate the greasy feeling that lotions leave on my face and hands. Sun Bum has a sunscreen stick that we buy for the kids and I will use that on my face.

ddavis1120

Blue lizard sunscreen. The best I’ve ever tried.

twtabb

I use to think you had to get sunburned on that first trip of the year and that would start your sun tan for the summer.
I hate sunburn especially on top of my feet.
I cover up and use sunscreen now.

ssramage

Anybody ever use the sunscreen with bug repellant? Here on the GA Coast, I get absolutely wrecked by gnats. Years ago I made the mistake of using sunscreen and then bug spray on top of it (which is alcohol based) and got one of the worst burns of my life during a fishing tournament.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Anybody ever use the sunscreen with bug repellant? Here on the GA Coast, I get absolutely wrecked by gnats. Years ago I made the mistake of using sunscreen and then bug spray on top of it (which is alcohol based) and got one of the worst burns of my life during a fishing tournament.
Cactus Juice.

b5fish

ELTA MD UV Clear sunscreen - You can put this stuff on your eye lids with no burning. Its expensive but is the best sunscreen I have ever used.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Looks like it got me, found out today, 4 weeks after I had a pic taken and sent off to Washington DC. My PC quit as did the PA is why I didn't hear anything. The Dr. I saw was very understanding and took care of all the issues, set me up an appointment with dermatology, upped my BP and cholesterol meds (previous Doc had me cutting the pills in have, would get 25 or 75% dose), prescribed gout meds.

Started out as 2 dark freckles.

Redhead, more like grey with red highlights. Hate SPF, normally wear long sleeve T shirts, long pants, hat and full top shoes, especially when I help guide fishing trips down the New River.

Hate the sun, vitamin D deficiency also.

20240417_193200.jpg

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Looks like it got me, found out today, 4 weeks after I had a pic taken and sent off to Washington DC. My PC quit as did the PA is why I didn't hear anything. The Dr. I saw was very understanding and took care of all the issues, set me up an appointment with dermatology, upped my BP and cholesterol meds (previous Doc had me cutting the pills in have, would get 25 or 75% dose), prescribed gout meds.

Started out as 2 dark freckles.

Redhead, more like grey with red highlights. Hate SPF, normally wear long sleeve T shirts, long pants, hat and full top shoes, especially when I help guide fishing trips down the New River.

Hate the sun, vitamin D deficiency also.

View attachment 1304631
You caught it early.
Good on you.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Good luck with it. Early detection is key with melanoma. Praying for a good outcome.
Appreciate it, I be good, if not I swore I should