Just curious

Attachments

• 661A2D85-7C38-4B39-8220-379C3908CFD3.png
    661A2D85-7C38-4B39-8220-379C3908CFD3.png
    1 MB · Views: 52

Gaswamp

Yep

JWT

Thanks I found a good many today, I left them alone to make sure there edible, I’ve heard of false ones to , just wanted some more knowledge

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I think jack o lanterns are the only chant lookalike. And they really don’t look alike at all. Aren’t false chants around only when it’s really dry?

sportsman94

The chants I found just smell like earth.....no apricot aroma at all. Will they still have good flavor?

The ones I have found this year I could not pick up an apricot smell. I was teaching some new foragers about chanterelles, and pulled several apart looking for the sweet, fruity smell. I never did find one with it. They were still delicious

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
The ones I have found this year I could not pick up an apricot smell. I was teaching some new foragers about chanterelles, and pulled several apart looking for the sweet, fruity smell. I never did find one with it. They were still delicious

I think it may be because of an abundance of rain.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The chants I found just smell like earth.....no apricot aroma at all. Will they still have good flavor?
I have been picking chanterelles for forty years, and I've yet to find one with an apricot smell.

JWT

I picked a few today to try , hopefully there chants , from my research today , I feel confident enough to try them77196B74-774F-448D-8034-9973F6BFB54F.jpeg