ATV accident

shdw633

So I was putting out corn yesterday and had a bag whose rubber strap came off and the bag was slipping off the front of the ATV. Instead of being smart I reached up to grab the strap and reattach it when the bag fell off the front and caused the front wheel to turn right abruptly, sending me off the ATV. That's where my account of what happens ends because I don't remember hitting the ground or anything until after I woke up later (I don't know how much time elapsed) in front of the ATV. Once the spiderwebs in my mind cleared up I realized I had just flipped the ATV and it was now laying beside me on the side of the path. Naturally as I am an old fool I did not have an ATV helmet on and was fortunate to walk away from the crash with only my left side ribs being pretty bruised up and sore but again I have no recollection of hitting the ground or anything once the ATV decided to go in a different direction and I was going. I was extremely lucky, especially for a man in his 60's, don't be like me, get a helmet and be careful out there on those machines as it all took place in a split second and could have had a much worse turnout than it did. Good luck to you all this season.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Wife got 10 stitches in her forehead from a side by side wheel falling into a side ditch in the woods.
Glad your o.k. :fine: and don,t do that again. ::ke:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Glad you’re ok, don’t feel bad, I had my moment this year as well, l’m in my 70s. Was out scouting and heard thunder getting closer. I pointed my ATV to the truck. It started raining as I put the ATV on the trailer. When I stepped off the bike my intent was to step onto the trailer rail then the floor, walk back and raise the trailer ramp. Instead my foot slipped on the wet painted top rail. I fell off the trailer flat of my back knocking the wind out of my self. I suddenly realized I was on my back and very wet. I had no glasses, phone or ball cap. Don’t know how long I had laid there. Making my way to the truck I sat down and recovered my breath and senses. Looking out I spotted my cap, my glasses and phone were beside the cap. I was sore for a few days but not hurt beyond a bruised ego.

The next weekend antiskid strips were applied to the top rail and fenders of that trailer. Y’all be careful, it doesn’t take but a second to get hurt. Especially around equipment.

Jim Baker

Staff member
You may never remember what actually transpired from the time you left the seat until you woke up.

I was in a head on collision with a pickup truck when I was 16. Still don't remember from the afternoon before it happened until came to 3 days later in hospital. And I was awake and talking for most of the 3 days and I am 72.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
So I was putting out corn yesterday and had a bag whose rubber strap came off and the bag was slipping off the front of the ATV. Instead of being smart I reached up to grab the strap and reattach it when the bag fell off the front and caused the front wheel to turn right abruptly, sending me off the ATV. That's where my account of what happens ends because I don't remember hitting the ground or anything until after I woke up later (I don't know how much time elapsed) in front of the ATV. Once the spiderwebs in my mind cleared up I realized I had just flipped the ATV and it was now laying beside me on the side of the path. Naturally as I am an old fool I did not have an ATV helmet on and was fortunate to walk away from the crash with only my left side ribs being pretty bruised up and sore but again I have no recollection of hitting the ground or anything once the ATV decided to go in a different direction and I was going. I was extremely lucky, especially for a man in his 60's, don't be like me, get a helmet and be careful out there on those machines as it all took place in a split second and could have had a much worse turnout than it did. Good luck to you all this season.
I hate it for ya buddy but I ain't wearing NO HELMET on my 4 wheeler at camp..

Glad you are ok! :cheers:

I do wear a harness when I'm in a lockon. That's only after falling 40ft.. ;)

Resica

Glad you are ok sir. Never know when something will happen anywhere. Quit putting out corn :)

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thanks for sharing (all of you). Glad that everyone is OK. It only takes a part of a second of inattention and the results can be devistating.

Good luck to all and - Be careful out there.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Glad you are ok ! Thanks for sharing , we all need a reminder every now and then

Browning Slayer

You may never remember what actually transpired from the time you left the seat until you woke up.

I was in a head on collision with a pickup truck when I was 16. Still don't remember from the afternoon before it happened until came to 3 days later in hospital. And I was awake and talking for most of the 3 days and I am 72.
^this^..

I fell 40ft from a deer stand years ago. knocked out and woke up after dark. I missed the entire hunt. I know it was at least 4 hours. Remember falling. That's it outside of I remember talking to my Dad over 200 acres away after the fact.

I FOUND HIM... he drove me home. And my mother about killed him for not taking me to the ER on the ride home.. :bounce:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Just make sure if your going to turn something over on you it's not Sept and in a blackberry patch.....don,t ask me how I learned that one.

Browning Slayer

Wouldn't want to give up bait!!! :)
Nor Food Plots or my Mineral Stations.. While he was crashing yesterday, I was filling up too. Dumped 200 lbs of Trace Minerals. With the rain last week, my hundreds of lbs of seed, fertilizer and lime is doing great!

Shhh..

I have deer out at one right NOW! Also Cool to pull up cameras whenever you want too.. ;)
865509050314388-100-4-10232023183357-W1034705.JPG

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Glad you’re ok, don’t feel bad, I had my moment this year as well, l’m in my 70s. Was out scouting and heard thunder getting closer. I pointed my ATV to the truck. It started raining as I put the ATV on the trailer. When I stepped off the bike my intent was to step onto the trailer rail then the floor, walk back and raise the trailer ramp. Instead my foot slipped on the wet painted top rail. I fell off the trailer flat of my back knocking the wind out of my self. I suddenly realized I was on my back and very wet. I had no glasses, phone or ball cap. Don’t know how long I had laid there. Making my way to the truck I sat down and recovered my breath and senses. Looking out I spotted my cap, my glasses and phone were beside the cap. I was sore for a few days but not hurt beyond a bruised ego.

The next weekend antiskid strips were applied to the top rail and fenders of that trailer. Y’all be careful, it doesn’t take but a second to get hurt. Especially around equipment.

I hope you two went and got checked out by a doctor afterwards.

One of the ladies that worked for me had her husband go riding out across her daddy's farm on a 4 wheeler one night at a family reunion. He did not come back alive. Those things are dangerous. Smooth is slow!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Glad you are ok for sure! A split second can change everything.