Authority

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Im not debating so don't be disappointed.
One of those statements is yours and I agree with it.
The other is a statement of fact that Jews don't believe Jesus met their criteria.
As an A/A, I don't have any requirements for him to meet or not meet.
You must have used the less obvious and non common knowledge point, oh wait...

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't have any terms. I am using what is said in the OT.
Personally, I don't believe in a messiah as told in the OT ever happening mainly because the OT is nothing more than the folklore of the tales of a cuture. But, since we have to go by what is in the OT as to what qualifies a person to become the messiah and according to those rules Jesus does not meet those requirements.
It has nothing to do with the future. It has to do with what the person accomplishes in his lifetime. If Jesus actually did it, every Jew would be his follower. It really is the Jews terms and since Jesus was Jewish he must adhere to their rules.

The NT is Paul's attempt at creating a messiah and while knowing what the OT required he could not make the case for the Jews to go for it, so he created his own religion around a man.
I didn’t have anyone personally in mind. It’s a broad statement with exceptions. I should have noted that to prevent confusion.

Generally speaking, an A/A will say “if God”..........”then I would believe”.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I didn’t have anyone personally in mind. It’s a broad statement with exceptions. I should have noted that to prevent confusion.

Generally speaking, an A/A will say “if God”..........”then I would believe”.
I didn't take it personally.
But
I DO agree with "If God" , but probably different than you mean it.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Personally, I don't believe in a messiah as told in the OT ever happening mainly because the OT is nothing more than the folklore

Welp there you go. That will do it for me. Enough time wasted. I can’t take you serious any more.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Welp there you go. That will do it for me. Enough time wasted. I can’t take you serious any more.
But you'll take a book that tells intricate details about an exodus that never happened seriously.
In that same fictitious story it tells about how quickly, how eager and how many gods the jews were willing to and did worship and you want us to believe the writers of the NT didn't capitalize on that?

SFD, YOU do not even acknowledge what is in your own book and you ACT all huffy and offended when you can no longer make ridiculous and un educated (about the subject) claims because of the evidence in front of you.

The only thing that impressed me about your involvement this time was that is lasted about 10 times longer than your usual hit and run contributions, although most of it was taken up with often discussed, widely refuted claims that you continue to bring up as if they have never been brought up.

Bottom line is that in Jewish history they had MANY messiah figures who had MANY followers. A few of them accomplished more things than Jesus, and they still did not qualify as Messiah. You fail to educate yourself or retain what you have been informed on numerous times in here. The only waste is bandwith due to your repetitive claims with ZERO examples to even attempt to back them up, let alone actually ever prove anything.

If you ever took me or any provided information seriously, and bothered to research it, you wouldn't come here making the claims that you do.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

But you'll take a book that tells intricate details about an exodus that never happened seriously.
In that same fictitious story it tells about how quickly, how eager and how many gods the jews were willing to and did worship and you want us to believe the writers of the NT didn't capitalize on that?

SFD, YOU do not even acknowledge what is in your own book and you ACT all huffy and offended when you can longer make ridiculous and un educated (about the subject) claims because of the evidence in front of you.

The only thing that impressed me about your involvement this time was that is lasted about 10 times longer than your usual hit and run contributions, although most of it was taken up with often discussed, widely refuted claims that you continue to bring up as if they have never been brought up.

Bottom line is that in Jewish history they had MANY messiah figures who had MANY followers. A few of them accomplished more things than Jesus, and they still did not qualify as Messiah. You fail to educate yourself or retain what you have been informed on numerous times in here. The only waste is bandwith due to your repetitive claims with ZERO examples to even attempt to back them up, ket alone actually ever prove anything.

If you ever took me or any provided information seriously, and bothered to research it, you wouldn't come here making the claims that you do.

Bullet, I truly feel sorry for you. I do. Have a good day.

Israel

BANNED
Even the maintenance of unbelief is as God dependent as every and any estate of man.

SemperFiDawg

Even the maintenance of unbelief is as God dependent as every and any estate of man.

Apparently even more-so. Hard to kick against the goads and so-forth.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

Since you are so kind, do me a favor and explain why you feel sorry for me.

Because you are not broken and sick of your sin. You don't understand your condition is hopeless. And either you don't understand or don't care about the enormity of the consequences of you actions.

WaltL1

Because you are not broken and sick of your sin. You don't understand your condition is hopeless. And either you don't understand or don't care about the enormity of the consequences of you actions.
That's just silly.
Be honest -
How do you ignore all the people who have recognized and addressed their issues without believing in the Christian God?

SemperFiDawg

That's just silly.
Be honest -
How do you ignore all the people who have recognized and addressed their issues without believing in the Christian God?

I'm not aware of anyone who has delivered himself or anyone else from the consequences of their sins other than Christ. You speak of "issues", in a TEMPORAL sense, I'm assuming. I'm speaking of consequences in the ETERNAL sense. Two totally separate concepts.

WaltL1

I'm not aware of anyone who has delivered himself or anyone else from the consequences of their sins other than Christ. You speak of "issues", in a TEMPORAL sense, I'm assuming. I'm speaking of consequences in the ETERNAL sense. Two totally separate concepts.
So your entire statement hinges on the word "sin".
Which would make it only applicable to Christians.
And you know Bullet is Agnostic.....
It would appear your sorrow for Bullet is nothing more than some twisted self satisfaction.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
SFD, What Sin are you talking about? You believe some god had his son killed in order to take away my sin. He either did or didn't , which is it SFD?

Specifically, what sin do I have?

What condition?

What actions?

I care about your nutty accusations , claims and self gratification about as much as you care about what other religions would say about you.
End the pity party for me and stop pretending that you are any more special than the next person.
I don't feel bad for you. In fact I think you are scared to die and your obsession to include others in your fears and likes is dangerous.

I have given you and everyone else the entire floor to convince me about what you speak. I have opened myself up to you and anyone to show me your god. I have constantly asked you and others to PLEASE just back your claims and assertions.
Not a single darn one of you have even come close to being able to put your proof where your mouth is.

Stop the act. Get off your pedestal. And either back up what you claim or stop.

Last edited:

SemperFiDawg

This is precisely what I meant in my post above to Bullet. And no, it's not a self-righteous pity. It's a true sorrow.

SemperFiDawg

SFD, What Sin are you talking about? You believe some god had his son killed in order to take away my sin. He either did or didn't , which is it SFD?

Specifically, what sin do I have?

What condition?

What actions?

I care about your nutty accusations , claims and self gratification about as much as you care about what other religions would say about you.
End the pity party for me and stop pretending that you are any more special than the next person.
I don't feel bad for you. In fact I think you are scared to die and your obsession to include others in your fears and likes is dangerous.

I have given you and everyone else the entire floor to convince me about what you speak. I have opened myself up to you and anyone to show me your god. I have constantly asked you and others to PLEASE just back your claims and assertions.
Not a single darn one of you have even come close to being able to put your proof where your mouth is.

Stop the act. Get off your pedestal. And either back up what you claim or stop.

SMH

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And you know Bullet is Agnostic.....
It would appear your sorrow for Bullet is nothing more than some twisted self satisfaction.
These pity parties are a last resort because the ability to back up claims has failed.
I am telling you, the more these guys feel bad for me/others, the more Atheist I become.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So all you can do is shake your head?
I asked you questions which if you were sincere you would be able to answer.

Shake your head, feel bad, pity me, pray for me do anything that you have to do in order to feel better about your inability to just simply back up what you claim.

How about convincing me?
Why can't you make a statement and claim and then show me an example which is backed by evidence and facts?

Last edited: