Backfire 1 MOA Challenge

earlthegoat2

Ya’ll need some proper education in economics and value when it comes to rifles and accuracy.

I have a few $2000 dollar rifle/scope rigs that consistently shoot 2-3 MOA all day everyday.

:D

Granted, I may have bought the wrong rifle platform to begin with as it pertains to accuracy. Probably should have stuck with Savage 110s.

If I am going to shoot groups larger than MOA, I am going to look good doing it.

Here are a couple of inferior genetic specimens that couldn’t dodge the mighty force of a 2.5 MOA 300 Win Mag. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2748.jpeg

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
But, I spent $2000 on a 2-18x56 30mm tube to gather more light at the magic hour with a reticle that looks like the head up display in the Millennium Falcon, calibrated for 6.5 Creed specifically, and I can't even hit a snuff can at 100 yards, prone, on my tactical mat and $300 bipod, and Gucci squeeze bag.

Must be something wrong with the rifle, I'm selling it...

GeorgiaGlockMan

But, I spent $2000 on a 2-18x56 30mm tube to gather more light at the magic hour with a reticle that looks like the head up display in the Millennium Falcon, calibrated for 6.5 Creed specifically, and I can't even hit a snuff can at 100 yards, prone, on my tactical mat and $300 bipod, and Gucci squeeze bag.

Must be something wrong with the rifle, I'm selling it...
Bahahahaa.

Jim Boyd

Ain't it funny though, how many think they can buy their way into five rounds touching...

All that nice hardware in the video, just as fancy as can be, and pathetic performance from most of the shooters...

I can tell you that I have some decent gear and I know I am not the best shot. I have to work pretty hard to hit anything at distance, unless it is a barn.

We were in the yard (my 3 brothers and I) shooting .17’s off of the picnic table a year or so ago. They are decent guns with fair scopes on them. My neighbor and his son came over and he had an iron sight semi auto .22. He shot free hand - standing up - and shot a darn good 100 yard group.

It is mostly the Indian.

transfixer

I haven't hunted the last two seasons due to dropping out of my old club, haven't had a place to shoot rifles since then, but just joined a place with a 300 yard range, plan on getting back in the groove, both my bolt guns have always shot moa or better 5 shot groups with my handloads in the past, and I've always prided myself on making sure of that, I shoot high right behind the shoulder shots only on deer, so they don't run, I don't have to track them or worry about losing them, in order to do that I have to make sure my zero is dead on and my ammo is good. Both my bolt guns are normal off the shelf rifles also, early 90's mdl 700 in .308, and a Ruger m77 in .243 from the early 80's, the 700 does have a heavy barrel, the m77 does not

I'll be loading up some fresh ammo in the next few weeks and heading to the place I joined, looking forward to shooting on their range as it has concrete shooting benches and the whole area over the benches is covered out of the sun or rain. I wish it was a 500yd range, but 300 will do

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I can tell you that I have some decent gear and I know I am not the best shot. I have to work pretty hard to hit anything at distance, unless it is a barn.

We were in the yard (my 3 brothers and I) shooting .17’s off of the picnic table a year or so ago. They are decent guns with fair scopes on them. My neighbor and his son came over and he had an iron sight semi auto .22. He shot free hand - standing up - and shot a darn good 100 yard group.

It is mostly the Indian.

I remember Jim Carmichael saying that if you can hit an 8 inch pie plate with your preferred rifle 10 times out of 10 shots, offhand at 100 yards, you could consider yourself a crackerjack shot.

transfixer

Most people, myself included can practice forever and never be the great shot they want to be. I do on occasion hit where I need to.

I don't really agree with that, and what I mean by that is you can be taught, or teach yourself, good breathing technics and trigger control, proper hold on the rifle, etc, all it takes is willingness to try something different than what you normally do, and the time and effort to put in practice,

I started off in my teens as a decent shot, mainly with irons, and hitting a paper plate at 100yds was good enough for me, I killed deer, but many ran and I had to track, when our property got clear cut I could no longer hunt like I used to , had to change up my methods, bought a bolt action and a decent scope, and started practicing, found out real quick that even my breathing made the crosshairs move, and someone giving me a rifle with an empty chamber I thought was loaded showed me that I didn't pull the trigger without moving the rifle ! I made it a point to learn to control my breathing, and pull the trigger without the crosshairs moving, after that it was simply practice and memorize where my bullet hit at 100,200,300 and so on.

slow motion

I don't really agree with that, and what I mean by that is you can be taught, or teach yourself, good breathing technics and trigger control, proper hold on the rifle, etc, all it takes is willingness to try something different than what you normally do, and the time and effort to put in practice,

I started off in my teens as a decent shot, mainly with irons, and hitting a paper plate at 100yds was good enough for me, I killed deer, but many ran and I had to track, when our property got clear cut I could no longer hunt like I used to , had to change up my methods, bought a bolt action and a decent scope, and started practicing, found out real quick that even my breathing made the crosshairs move, and someone giving me a rifle with an empty chamber I thought was loaded showed me that I didn't pull the trigger without moving the rifle ! I made it a point to learn to control my breathing, and pull the trigger without the crosshairs moving, after that it was simply practice and memorize where my bullet hit at 100,200,300 and so on.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Repetition and training makes you better, which is important. But being an upper echelon shooter, driver, athlete, etc. is something some people have and try as you might most don't.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I think it may be safe to say that most hunters don’t aspire to be completion level shooters. That is a different pursuit IMO.

Buckstop

Sub moa is pretty achievable. Takes 3 things. Practice and more practice. A rifle thats capable. Most can be tuned to shoot (some never will shoot). And careful hand loads or quality factory ammo if your rifle shoots it well enough. Anyone can achieve it they set their mind to it.

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpeg
    IMG_2166.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 41