Bar scope mount help

Stihl 064

Well today tried sighting in my used 7mm rem mag I bought with a Nikon 3x12 monarch 40mm scope. It was all over the place with a box and a half of ammo.. It has weaver style dovetail mounts on it. I'm getting glare as well off front sight that has no screw mount holes. Its a belgium bar I think its brazed on. The rear mount is missing and gas the groove in barrel from the dovetail mount. My 270 bar has a redfeild one piece mount and iron sights are gone with flush mount screws. I wish redfeild still made rings and bases. I'd set it up same way that gun drives nails. I got so ****ed when I came home I ripped them stupid weaver dove tail mounts and ugly rings off. Please help me find a I piece base and rings. I see dmz makes one. So does leupold but not sure what bases to get for the leupold one piece base. Also not sure of height. Gun is going in shop as soon as I get scope mounted again with a good set of rings and a 1 piece base to have that stupid iron sight removed on front and see if the can put a fill plug in rear sight dove tail groove. Please help on base and rings

hunter 85

Tally makes a 1913 rail I know it’s not a one piece but will probably work for what you are wanting

Reactions: Dub

Mauser

I know you said one piece and the dnz is great,but I'm very pleased with the Talley lightweights I put on my wife's bar 308. Tried the medium but had to get high to clear the 50mm objective

hayseed_theology

A friend of mine had a BAR with the old Leupold mounts that worked loose on him a few times. After a similar experience to yours trying to sight it in yet again, he handed it off to me to get it shooting right. I put a DNZ one piece mount on it, and he has been happy ever since. Personally, I feel like the design and flat finish don't compliment the handsome BAR and glossy Leupold scope, but it's rock solid. I think Talley Lightweights would be more attractive.

lonewolf247

I would go with the DNZ mounts, and remove the front sight. I have a Bar with a DNZ mount, as well as another Bar with the Leupold 1-piece mount. Either will work, but the DNZ mount is just so much easier. Bolt it to the receiver, bolt the scope in the rings, done. No link between the rings and bases.

The Leupold mount, is basically a copy, of the old Redfield mount. I been having one on my Bar close to 20 years, with no issues. Nothing wrong with the mount or design. However, it is a much more complicated mount, to mount correctly, with the dove-tail windage adjustment. I didn't do it, but in hindsight, I would never mount a scope in that mount, without alignment bars, and lapping it. That mount was originally designed to correct a problem, that mostly doesn't exist today.

Anyhow, I'd go DNZ or go home! lol Seriously, it's just an easy mount to use. I also mounted a scope for my brother, with the DNZ mounts on a Bar, with no issues. If I remember right, you can also reverse the mount, to get the best placement of your scope for the eye relief. I've also used this mount on 4-5 bolt actions with no issues.

Last edited: