Bears are spreading.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I believe man is helping the spread. You know the ones that need relocation out of rural areas. Trash can bandits. Our DNR won’t do that. Lols.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Definitely not the first one in this area. One was hit in Dooly a few years ago, cell cams catch a few every year as well. Maybe they’ll populate and catch some of the hogs around.
Judging from the seasons and regulations, the central and south georgia bear populations are not expanding enough to make a difference.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
When the fruit, acorns, and other mast ripens they will disappear into that.
This is a pattern that is repeated every summer.
Folks around here put out these large bird feeders. We get some good sized bears on trail cams around the neighborhood. If they don’t want the bears in the back yard quit baiting them.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Folks around here put out these large bird feeders. We get some good sized bears on trail cams around the neighborhood. If they don’t want the bears in the back yard quit baiting them.
Yes they are smart and about as pigs about following the bait.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
We’ve had them come through here a couple times in the last ten years. We heard something turkey hunting one morning in 2011 that couldn’t have been anything else.

Last edited:

Southbow

Someone just outside of Sylvester posted trailcam videos of a bear on june 1st. I'm guessing it's the same one.

buckpasser

I believe we’ve had another visitor this year due to some feeder damage. Brooks Co. We get one every 3-5 years or so passing through. They don’t seem to be gaining much ground here.

Dr. Strangelove

My parents live in Hendersonville, NC. Mom had to quit putting out bird seed and hummingbird feeders because they get bears otherwise.

We have a herd of semi-tame deer in my Athens GA city neighborhood because people put out food for them and hand feed them like pets.

Blackston

Showing up more and more cook / Lowndes county