11/25 AM

ditchdoc24

Had a doe run down hill about 50 yards away an hour ago. Never saw a buck but I could hear a bunch of grunting. Just saw two does go by. Looks like they may be doing some midday movement.

partime1

This is the buck lil man missed at 165 yards. I saw him still standing there. G man was so upset he couldn’t get back on him. He said he wanted me to shoot him. 5 min later the doe he was chasing came back to investigate why her boyfriend was sleeping. He missed her. 2 shirt tails coming

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 70

sprewett

This is the buck lil man missed at 165 yards. I saw him still standing there. G man was so upset he couldn’t get back on him. He said he wanted me to shoot him. 5 min later the doe he was chasing came back to investigate why her boyfriend was sleeping. He missed her. 2 shirt tails coming
Beautiful buck, he sure got some long brow tines.

I can see why lil man may have gotten a touch of buck fever, it happens. Congrats on the beautiful buck and tell him to shake off the misses or he's gonna be getting colder with all the shirt tail missing :LOL:.

basshappy

BANNED
I’m hunting an oak ridge on the National Forest in Suches on a very windy morning. We’re now getting photos of some nice bucks moving in the daylight so it’s an exciting time to be out in the woods. I just wish there was less wind.

I wanted to hunt this spot yesterday but someone was already parked at a pull off a couple of curves down the road so I went somewhere else. Got here earlier this morning and with no one else parked nearby, I headed to the spot I was wanting to hunt yesterday. A bit after daylight, I saw the other hunter going up the ridge across from me and I can still see him through the trees. Although I normally don’t run into this here where I hunt, guess that’s just part of hunting public land. We’re a couple hundred yards apart and both of us are wearing our orange so I’ve decided to wish him well and to keep my seat. Maybe one of us will get one.

Good deal. I don't mind sharing an area. Never know which direction the quarry may come from. Plus you have your own "reality show" to watch - never know what that hunter might do.

44magpastor

So....my son's big buck story from this am

My oldest is tagged out on bucks

My younger son is on older brothers stand, that has been hot all week.

9am, 2 does come in. Matt is filming them with phone. Sees another deer coming. Puts phone down. More on the video later.

He puts rifle up to get a better look and, in his words, gets "a scope full of horns'.

It's too thick to shoot and the buck never came into opening. Followed the does, away from the area, staying in brush the whole time.

After he's out, looking at the video.......he realizes he has the buck in the background....and shows it to me.

It is massive. I've hunted that property for 40 years, and that buck was top 3 I've ever seen there.

He sent me the video, but my phone doesn't show what his does.

A wide....heavy 8 pt, I think