Been 7 years

Wire Nut

My son reminded me it has been 7 years since I killed a deer. To be honest I get just as much enjoyment watching them. I’ve got too much Indian in me to wait on horns and in the past shot the 1st doe that gave me a chance. Well one of my workers is short on meat so in true fashion I shot the biggest of the 4 that came in. Ruger M77/44 at 15 yards. Easy recovery6B1BDA67-E9FD-488C-B056-B00556783F97.jpeg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
My son reminded me it has been 7 years since I killed a deer. To be honest I get just as much enjoyment watching them. I’ve got too much Indian in me to wait on horns and in the past shot the 1st doe that gave me a chance. Well one of my workers is short on meat so in true fashion I shot the biggest of the 4 that came in. Ruger M77/44 at 15 yards. Easy recoveryView attachment 1282742

Thata boy!

slow motion

Congratulations. I like watching em too but I like shooting a few also

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations, friendly family pressure to take a deer is familiar territory for me. .

I shot my first in several years earlier this year also. I had been having fun watching my grandson and he kept the freezer full. After listening to us talk about what we wanted to do, my wife gave me a new Family Traditions double tripod for my birthday and told me that I needed to kill a deer every now and then. It was the first time he had been with me when I took one.