My Roller coaster Ride !

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
November 14 thru the years has always been a red letter day for me hubting deer. This year was no different! Started out in the thread 11/14 Ol @Big7 started. :)
Well climbed a new stop on the property in my summit over looking a thinned out pine rows from the year before and it’s thick on the edge of a deep bottom. Was not long I saw a flicker. Then seen a deer head. It’s so thick I seen antler. Said to myself looks like a small rack buck. Probably a 4 or 6. He was there for about 5 minutes. Then turn walking toward a place I could see better. SHA ZAM! Big rack buck. Looked clear hard to tell. Should of made sure. Slid crosshairs to shoulder. Shot. Looked like a hit. He but it wasn’t he stopped on a push up hill of dirt. I said he should fall. Couldn’t tell much of facing direction. Still don’t know I missed. I let one more fly. Deer gone.
Gave it a few. Replayed it. Started 1st shot following no blood. Got to 2nd shot no blood. Followed tracks kicked up spots then found a dropl went like 30 yds sparse my old tracking dog is old 14. I’ve never used a tracker. Backed out. Got @Ruger#3 to look on Facebook for my area. Number sent. Called got on list for the day. My wife sees better. She came. We found more. I eased a head this is 3 hours later. It was misting and I didn’t want to lose scent with rain. I seen him get to his feet in a thicket. Hard for him to move but did get to going. I pinned the spot. Blood was there not a lot. Upset I jumped it. I’ve seen this with other folks deer to never find it then.

Allen Barret was the tracker. He’s on FB. He found the white deer this year.
He had 3 dogs. They listen to what he said. We went to where I jumped it. I figured we where fixing to be on a long track. Deer went only 20 more yards later up and died. My last shot hit rear ham into the body. That 270 did a job. I was so glad I stopped and waited. If pushed no telling how far. Time was on our side. Allen said they got the deer while we was standing there. Best thing I ever done was waiting and calling Allen. His team of dogs if it jumped again would of ran it down ! My old dog couldn’t.
Call a tracker ! Allen is SWGA area out of Stewart county. We got the deer out and Allen was headed to another call.
2D2E0061-351B-46AF-8A0B-650072F3B827.jpeg8FC69E19-4E75-42D7-AD7B-FFF751E1332F.jpeg
One of my hunters just killed a buck they on their feet SWGA. CF63FAE5-9917-4F7F-9BE3-7CAFBFC4ABBA.jpegThe rut is on !

bany

Nice, glad that worked out for you!

November 14 thru the years has always been a red letter day for me hubting deer. This year was no different! Started out in the thread 11/14 Ol @Big7 started. :)
Well climbed a new stop on the property in my summit over looking a thinned out pine rows from the year before and it’s thick on the edge of a deep bottom. Was not long I saw a flicker. Then seen a deer head. It’s so thick I seen antler. Said to myself looks like a small rack buck. Probably a 4 or 6. He was there for about 5 minutes. Then turn walking toward a place I could see better. SHA ZAM! Big rack buck. Looked clear hard to tell. Should of made sure. Slid crosshairs to shoulder. Shot. Looked like a hit. He but it wasn’t he stopped on a push up hill of dirt. I said he should fall. Couldn’t tell much of facing direction. Still don’t know I missed. I let one more fly. Deer gone.
Gave it a few. Replayed it. Started 1st shot following no blood. Got to 2nd shot no blood. Followed tracks kicked up spots then found a dropl went like 30 yds sparse my old tracking dog is old 14. I’ve never used a tracker. Backed out. Got @Ruger#3 to look on Facebook for my area. Number sent. Called got on list for the day. My wife sees better. She came. We found more. I eased a head this is 3 hours later. It was misting and I didn’t want to lose scent with rain. I seen him get to his feet in a thicket. Hard for him to move but did get to going. I pinned the spot. Blood was there not a lot. Upset I jumped it. I’ve seen this with other folks deer to never find it then.

Allen Barret was the tracker. He’s on FB. He found the white deer this year.
He had 3 dogs. They listen to what he said. We went to where I jumped it. I figured we where fixing to be on a long track. Deer went only 20 more yards later up and died. My last shot hit rear ham into the body. That 270 did a job. I was so glad I stopped and waited. If pushed no telling how far. Time was on our side. Allen said they got the deer while we was standing there. Best thing I ever done was waiting and calling Allen. His team of dogs if it jumped again would of ran it down ! My old dog couldn’t.
Call a tracker ! Allen is SWGA area out of Stewart county. We got the deer out and Allen was headed to another call.
View attachment 1269494View attachment 1269495
One of my hunters just killed a buck they on their feet SWGA. View attachment 1269496The rut is on !
What kinda dog is the one that’s not a blood hound

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Congrats brother! Fine buck! :cheers: