Little man finally made it happen

SC Hunter

We've had a really hard time all year trying to get the middle boy on a deer, actually its been overly hard and frustrating. He's missed 3 this year and I dubbed him the "miss master" and he hated it. He's shot up close to 3 boxes of ammo at home practicing and trying to get his junk together as far as controlling breathing, trigger squeeze and just not freaking out. He's deadly on a metal plate or beer can out to 150 yards.

Day before yesterday I was talking to my buddy who I've hunted with for close to 20 years now and he said take Cruz and sit at the homeplace in the front field there is several groups of deer in there everyday. I've hunted there before and never seen deer to the right of the stand but almost always see deer. This little spike with horns barely poking through popped out down to the right. We got everything swung around bog pod leveled out, I stood up and he slid over to my seat then we waited.....that deer never would turn broadside for 15 minutes. When he did "Miss Master" couldn't get on him quickly enough. He finally turned and looked towards us and I said "kill hi" and he broke the shot. I heard the slap that is so recognizable with a suppressed rifle and the deer took off. I could tell he was hurt and he didn't go far. He was quartered away and he hit him through the shoulder coming out the chest somehow, I really don't know or care. He was super excited and I'm glad that first one is out of the way. Yes that 6.5 cm did in fact kill a deer and did it very well with 143 grain eldx bullets.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 84
  • image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    240 KB · Views: 86
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 84

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to the young man on a fine kill! He'll never forget that one.

SC Hunter

Congrats to the both of y’all.
Fine looking young man.
I sent my wife a picture message earlier and said "he may not listen to poop we say and might be hard headed but the boy is handsome" she said he looks more like me than my son does. The two oldest are my step kids but I don't call them that. The middle one has been my kid since he was 3 and I treat them all the same. I'm proud of them even if I want to choke them out half the time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you! He said he wasn't a fan of the skinning and gutting of the deer but could deal with it. He almost lost it when I reached in and grabbed the tenderloins hahaha
You didn't make him take a bite of raw, steaming liver? :bounce:

Hunter922

Big Congrats to the young man.
He showed patience and perseverance and that is the definition of deer hunting.. You both should be very proud.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats to you both , great kill and his smile shows his relief !
And I can relate to his excitement at the moment of truth , I was awful at his age .

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Man that's awesome!
Congratulations to you both!
Good job sticking with it.
Fine eating right there!