Off to a Great Start

krizia829

Can't get any better than that!! Awesome job to the both of you!!

Core Lokt

Congrats to the young fella!!!

The deer that you killed sure had a big neck to be so early unless they are in full rut where you are hunting.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My number one goal for this season was to see if we could get my youngest son Luke an opportunity at his first deer. He’s been going with me for the past 5 years watching his brother and I kill deer. He is 7 years old now. After several range sessions this summer I knew he was ready to be the one behind the gun this season. We hunt a small tract that’s close to our house that a good friend of mine owns. That’s where my other 2 kids got their first deer and I wanted to keep the tradition going. Sunday morning opening weekend of youth season Luke and I sat in a stand by a creek over looking a food plot that had just started to show some green in it. At 8:15 I see 2 deer coming out of the woods into the plot. My son said they a bucks! I said do you want to shoot one? He said oh yeah! I said get your gun ready and watch them through the scope. At this point they were about 150 yards away and too far for him to shoot. I grunted at them with my mouth and they came in on a string. I let him decide which buck he wanted to shoot. One was a tall 7 pointer and the other was a wide 8. He made the 78 yard shot and did a great job. After the shot he said I can’t stop shaking. LOL I had watched through my binoculars and knew the buck was hit but ran into some thick privet. Turns out he only ran about 15 yards. That boy was so excited when we found the buck. He called his momma and siblings and they came over to celebrate with us. That there made my season.

I had a fun solo hunt on 10/19. View attachment 1263138View attachment 1263139
Well done men!

Now go put him in The Kid's First Thread at the top of the page!!!

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine! Congrats ya'll.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Way to go Luke! :clap: Great shot on an awesome buck!

Woohoo to dad too! Man Id say you’re off to a great start alright!! Congrats on a fantastic buck, but the kid has you beat!::ke::rockon: