A Decent Taurus

Robust Redhorse

My wife gave me a TX22 for Christmas last year.

I've never been impressed with any Taurus, and have sent several back for repair, with no success, and ultimately got rid of them.

The TX22 has been flawless and I can hardly believe it!

It is has been accurate and dependable, with no malfunctions so far (and I have even shot very cheap ammo).

Not as accurate as a Ruger Mark whatever, an S&W Model 41, or a Colt Woodsman, but for $300, I haven't shot anything better.

The Beretta Neos was probably a better budget pistol, but you have to get a used one if you can, and spare mags probably won't be available for much longer.

Maybe being made in Bainbridge, GA instead of Brazil has made a difference!

01Foreman400

Staff member
I bought a Taurus 605 357 Mag 2 years ago. I run max loads in it and I’ve been happy with it. Especially for what I paid for it. I can shoot it pretty well for a 2” barrel.

ryanh487

My buddy bought one when they could be had for $200 and loves it. I haven't had much use for another .22 plinker as I barely get the opportunity to shoot the 8 I already have.

Big7

The Oracle
I have 3 Taurus pistols and 1 Rough Rider revolver and LOVE them.

Never had a failure to feed or fire with any of the Semi- Autos. Haven't shot the Rough Rider enough to have an opinion but it's tight and well finished and a good looking gun so we will see on that one.

All Taurus firearms are +P rated so that's a plus.

I already had a Ruger SR 22 before I heard about the Taurus TX 22 or I'd probably have one.

rosewood

rosewood

Pretty much every doo dad that Tandemkross sells for the TX22.

Swapping parts is as much fun a shooting.
Legos for men!

rosewood

I've owned 5 Taurus autoloading pistols, and this is the only one that has functioned properly.

I'm 1 for 2 on revolvers...

Still like the TX22!
I have a PT101, GX4, TX22, and a G2C. Never any issues with them. The G2C was a recall replacement for the PT140 I had for about 20 years. Only issue I ever had with the PT140, was the take down lever was walking out. Sent it in for warranty many moons ago and they fixed it. I just sent it in for the recall because I didn't like the 40 in such a light the gun and the replacement came in 9mm only. :)

However, other than the original Taurus Beretta copies, 92,99,100,101, I think the GX4 is the best made/finished Taurus semi-auto I have seen with the TX22 in 2nd.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

Their Raging Hunter revolver has always had my interest.

View attachment 1238779
I thought we were talking Autos.

My first Taurus was a 607, 6.5" ported 7 shot 357 mag in bright stainless.

I also have a 941 in 22mag. 85 in 38 special, 605 in 357 mag and a 8 3/8" 454 Raging Bull.

Don't let my Taurus collection fool you. I still have way more S&Ws than I do Taurus.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

Latest posts