Being able to bait on public land yes or no

SPOON80

While at camp open weekend a few of us got to talking about the whole baiting thing . One of the discussion came up was why they don’t allow baiting on public. So my question here is do you think that hunters should be allowed to bait on public lands or not

sb1010

The people that sell corn would love it.
It seems like it would get excessive, someone over there is doing it, So I have to do it to.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The state should pay crop dusters to fly over state lands and cover the entire property with shelled corn weekly.
Go up on your license fees to do so. Make it $250 a year per person to help pay the corn bill

sgrantham

I don't think it should be legal. Like already mentioned people would just get mad when someone else beat them to the spot they had been baiting. I do wonder if baiting being legal on private property is pulling deer from the management areas though. I know the numbers I've been seeing have been dropping the last few years.

SPOON80

Our club is surrounded by public land an we feed year around. I have talked to some people who hunt the public an they are telling me that they are not seeing anything

Hillbilly stalker

No way. Why bring all the drama from clubs and politics into it ? A lot of hunters hunt WMA just to avoid that kind of stuff, I know I do. Every spot of WMA we have is surrounded by private land and/ or clubs. They bait and that’s their choice. There are plenty of deer on the WMA and if you scout they are not hard to find. It’s not broke so let’s not try to fix it.

Deerhunter12454

I rarely if ever hunt over corn. I don’t think last year I hunted over any corn. Just not my type of hunting. WMA’s in my opinion are suppose to be difficult and challenging. corn would get rid of that.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think then they would feed them off of private land around the WMA.
Can’t have that.

Tight Lines

I put one of these at exactly 30 yards in front of every stand I have...it is hard in the dark opening them sometimes before I get in the stand, and sometimes I climb into the stand and forget to put it out. I just open it and throw it from the stand if that happens...

1600532987617.jpeg

biggdogg

The OP must be a professional chef. Feller loves stirring the pot...

glynr329

Do you have a problem with baiting a place. Opening morning you get there and I am sitting there? Will you walk a few 100 yards and not disturb my honey hole I found the afternoon before? If your answer is sure the great.