Berrien/Lanier 2009

bam_bam

Scentlok you in the red truck parked off 125 just past the ernest sumner road?

farmerman

slow

worst deer season ive ever seen . only seen afew deer all season and all does got one big doe . thats it!!!

Whitetailer

Did not take a deer this season myself. Had two great years in a row with two good bucks taken each of the last two seasons though. I saw a couple of good bucks chasing, but no shot. I saw one of the largest bodied and horned Bucks I have ever seen run across right in front of me when I was on my four wheeler at mid day in early December.

My property flooded in early December, so it is just a big lake now.

Oh well, I had some good times. Until next year......

Whitetailer

farmerman

gota get better

whitetailer i got a good feeling since we are finally gona get a week of clooler temps that the last two weks are gona be the time to even up the score with these deer in berrien county. Maybe you should come up and try one more time before season goes out.

steph30030

Hey fellows, Any of you guys on here from Berrien County got/ or going to any openings for the 2010/2011 season? Im from Cook county and was looking for some place close by! Will follow all club rules and regs! Respect everyone! If yall have any info, please let me know! Thanks

Whitetailer

farmerman

I am considering coming up, but a few issues like work at home being very bad for me, and the water situation on the property. I have the river gauge site on my computer and it tells me the Alapaha River is still up over ten feet from early December. That means I have a fairly small portion of property to hunt.

To steph30030,

My landowner passed away last year and I myself am up in the air as to whether I will have a lease. I have leased this property for 15 years, but no one knows if there will be changes and if so what they will be???

By the way, Bam Bam...

Are you familiar with Leon Stewart long bows?

Whitetailer

ALLBEEF

I let my game cameras do most of the hunting for me over the holidays - just couldn't get into it! It finally paid off - I got a couple of great bucks on camera - so I decided to go yesterday evening to a spot where one of the bucks was frequenting. Right at last light nature called - lol - so I step to the back of the stand and stand on the back to take a leak - and all of a sudden I hear a deer walking out in front of me in a thicket - then I glimps a rack so I ease my gun up and by this time the deer is only 75yrds - I put it on his shoulder and the rest is on the truck! He was 18" on the inside and 19 1/2 on outside - pictures don't do him justice! He was run way down - prolly only 140lbs!
I thought it was the deer I have on camera but after further investigation - I don't think so - What do ya'll think??

Attachments

• RICHARD ROWE 09' 280.jpg
    RICHARD ROWE 09' 280.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 194
  • RICHARD ROWE 09' 265.jpg
    RICHARD ROWE 09' 265.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 199
  • RICHARD ROWE 09' 298.jpg
    RICHARD ROWE 09' 298.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 201
  • RICHARD ROWE 09' 295.jpg
    RICHARD ROWE 09' 295.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 201
  • RICHARD ROWE 09' 293.jpg
    RICHARD ROWE 09' 293.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 199

Whitetailer

Way to go ALLBEEF.

That is a good one. Those cameras really let us know just how many very good buck are roaming around for the most part unseen.

A late season bruiser to be proud of for sure.

I understand it is a little cool this week? :bounce:

I was wanting to hunt one more time, but finances/work/high water etc. will just not let it happpen.

I like that smilie guy :) posing there!

Congarats, Whitetailer

scentlok1

Well guys its been a long tough season for me i passed on some younger deer and had a nice 8 at full draw before he eluded me (again) but i'm sad to say my season is over here in Ga. Plan to take the stands down this weekend and hunt the Alabama rut for the rest of there season.

Whitetailer

scentlok

Been a fruitless season for me as well. I love the culmination of a hunt , but I saw a lot of great buck and got to hunt with my son, so it's alright!:cool: I had a few crazy situations too. (See previous posts.)

Anyway, who knows where any of us will be for sure next season, hopefully in the deer woods doing it all over again.

Sorry to get so "Zen" on the situation.

That is nice you have the opportunity to hunt Ala.

Good Luck.

Whitetailer

woody10

nice deer,not the same as buck in pic .

beat me to it.. brow tines in the trail cam curve. your dead deer has straight longer brows. the tc buck is also not near as wide as your downed deer if he was 18 in wide. both good deer none the less and congrats on a nice south ga kill

billy336

Gonna head north tomorrow and give it one more shot. Will wrap it up Fri around noon and scoot over to Alabama for some rut hunts.

Russ,
I'll be down in the Keys in February with my girl so we'll get together for a trip and some cocktails. I'll give ya a call next week when I get back to FL.

Whitetailer

Gonna head north tomorrow and give it one more shot. Will wrap it up Fri around noon and scoot over to Alabama for some rut hunts.

Russ,
I'll be down in the Keys in February with my girl so we'll get together for a trip and some cocktails. I'll give ya a call next week when I get back to FL.

OK Billy Let me know. Where you staying down here?

Russ

billy336

Russ,

Most likely Grassy Key. My boss has a place there and I can stay for free. Call ya this week.