Berrien/Lanier 2011

bam_bam

Thought I would go ahead and start a new one. Good luck to everyone this year:banana::banana::banana:

beersndeer

saw 8 this morning here in Berrien. I missed a doe...right over her back. Two small bucks were mixed with them and still had their velvet

billy336

I joined Whitetailer's lease this year, left Teeterville to my little bro. Still haven't seen the place, but I'm looking forward to seeing some different trees after 18 years at the old place. Planning on heading up the first week of October to nose around. Getting married on October 1st, so I'm a bit busy til then.

billy336

Got married yesterday. Been bowhunting down here, gonna make it up to GA this week I think.

Whitetailer

Hey bam bam,

Thanks for getting this thing going again. I have had some distractions, but am looking foreward to getting going and doing some hunting. I am going to get up to the alapaha river property for some therapy soon. I just spoke to my son on the phone and he told me he just registered on this forum. I know it is still very dry as I have been looking on the site that has the river gauge at the rt. 82 bridge. Hope the plots grew....
And I hope the oaks are loaded. I love the sound of the Acorns hitting the cabin roof all night long. Music to my ears.

Whitetailer

billy336

The wife and I will be there tomorrow, I'll report back to you if I have cell service.

beersndeer

went out this morning and it was slow.... I saw a deer moving through the thick stuff about 75yds away.... decided to get down about 1040 and wouldnt you know it I had 5 coming my way. tried to hug up tight to the tree but ol nanny caught me..... Going to try again on Monday

Whitetailer

trail cam pic's

Got some pictures of lots of nice buck as well as these two. One big bodied, high and wide eight point and a great ten point.

The eight:

long brow's and high

MDGC0288.jpg

MDGC0287.jpg

The ten point:

shorter brow's and wider than the eight.

MDGC0079.jpg

MDGC0064.jpg

MDGC0063.jpg

uummmmm, big deer):):

WHITETAILER:cheers:

billy336

Russ,

We got to ride around a bit today. Love the place, saw a couple rubs. Got my 99 sighted in, looking forward to the season

Whitetailer

Great Billy,

Yeah, I love the property myself and as you get to see more I think you will too.

We'll talk......

Whitetailer/Russ

creekhunter

2011 Season

We put our seeds in the ground last Thursday, then the rains came like clockwork. Cant wait to see the plots coming-up when I go back to our farm this weekend.

I've gotten a decent 8-point on a camera several times. So far, he's the only shooter I've seen.

It's good to see other posts. Whitetailer, those bucks you posted are impressive!:shoot:

billy336

Creekhunter, if you look real close to that ten Russ posted, you'll see my name on it ;-)

billy336

No worries creek, glad to see that you're on the forum again. Good luck this season

Whitetailer

Just got a report from a guy on the lease. The plots have really taken off and are growing. Got a couple of hours more rain last night too. And the river did not come up with the rain last week. I got a new pair of 18" lacrosse rubber boots just in case though. $79.00 down from $149.00

Alright creekhunter is back, where is the beef??? (allbeef)

Whitetailer.......

billy336

That's good news Russ. This weather kept me outta the woods today, and off the water too.:-(