Best Hamburger in GA

Jim Baker

Staff member
Used to be the Sportsman Club Grill in downtown Valdosta ... a lovely greasy culinary delight, but some folks bought the place and went upscale.

Now, Slap Daddies on Baytree Rd. in Valdosta. Great burgers and great toppings!

The Sportsman Club was good with all that atomosphere and ambiance. Haven't tried Slap Daddies.

But the best burger in Ga. you can't get anymore. The Jumbo burger at the Chicken house in Quitman. Had one every Wed. and Sat. night for about 20 years until Sid and Emily finally retired.

BigCats

City Billards in Aiken SC has the best burger. Its on the menu this is the worlds best cheeseburger. The place is located in downtown Aiken they also have a mighty fine chilli dog.

Look at the menu from the website below.
http://www.citybilliardsaikensc.com/

I agree its been years i used to go thru there all the time and i would stop but if you across in Ga stop downtown in Augusta I think its 9th and broad st at the railroad tracks its called the sports center they have the best burger and onion rings and cold beer there is around.

tommy jacobs

Chips road house on Patrick mill road off 316, has one of the best burgers around, and they have a special right now, burger and fries 5.00 cant beat it !!!

Dub

I like a home made one the best .But for a restaurant i like the bacon double form 5-Guys Burger & fries in Macon Ga.

Couldn't agree more.

Homade for me....but if we are out running errands and want a burger then the 5 Guys in Augusta is a nice stop. Excellent burgers and hot dogs.

golffreak

My answer to "the best" of any type of food in Georgia is
The Log Cabin in Hilton. All of you owe it to yourselves to make the trip at least once.

Georgiadawgs78

Im in lula where is this place?

Take Hwy 51 to homer till it dead ends into historic homer highway. Hang a right heading towards BCHS till it hits 441. Hang a right going South. Go about 2.25 miles till u get to Maysville motors on the right and make a u-turn heading back North on 441. Be on the right at the top of the hill. I don't know which is better the burgers or the owners Mike and Gay Dowdy. It's def worth trying out. I usually go for the burger with ketchup, mayo, and onions with a side of onion rings and some sweet tea. They really put five guys to shame.

maker4life

There used to be a store in Whigham that flat made the best cheeseburger around .When we we younger and reckless we'd hit that place for lunch every Saturday !:cool::cool:

fussyray

The Basket Shack in Canton,GA. I love the cheeseburger with everything on it and battered fries, full of grease but I havent had anything thatll compare

x2
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Holt's Service Station in Warwick, Ga. Holt's closed almost 20 years ago, but they made some great food there. Mrs. Holt hand pattied the burgers and they were awesome.

CC Rider

Southern Outdoors

Try Moogies in Toccoa or the cafe in Southern Outdoors between Banks Crossing and Homer. I have had some awesome burgers and those are two of the best I've ever eaten.

Gay and Mike both know how to fix a fat boy up! I work out of town for most of the spring, summer and fall. When get to come back home, I can't wait to eat one of their burgers and an order of taters tots!

3ringer

The best burger was at Bubba Doo's in Luthersville until some funny talking foreigners took it over.

Anne's Snack Shack is good if you don't get shot,robbed or beat up while waiting one hour for your huge burger. I got yelled at by Miss Anne just for walking inside before she was ready for me to come in.

You can get the $ 100.00 burger at the Flying Machine by the Briscoe Airport in Lawrenceville for $ 6.95. I like to sit out on the patio and watch the planes come and go. I will have a ice cold mug of brew while I am waiting. Man this beer is so cold it will have ice crystals floating on the top. Forget the burger , with our hot summer, I think I will stop by there after work tomorrow. :bounce: