Bge ?

kirby

I have been using the BGE lump but today I seen the cowboy lump right next to it for half the price. Does anyone else use other brands other than the BGE charchoal :cheers:

stev

Banned
I have been using the BGE lump but today I seen the cowboy lump right next to it for half the price. Does anyone else use other brands other than the BGE charchoal :cheers:
I stick with what works .Ive tried cowboy.too much spark and crack pop.burns to fast also.
green egg lump all the way ,or any royal oak .green egg is made by royal oak

Real Time

I haven't used the BGE lump in years... I normally just use whatever lump Walmart carries. The last time I used BGE lump a good portion of the bag was just the small stuff that tends to clog the vents.

stev

Banned
Last couple yrs royal oak has been makin some good egg lumps ,not what they use to be .For the better ,bigger pieces

QTurn

If you buy Royal Oak you are buying the same charcoal that comes in those overpriced green bags....

BGE buys their charcoal from Royal Oak. You can get 10# bags a Wally World for about $6. 20# bags of BGE will run you close to $20 now...

And I'm with Stev on nakedwhiz.com. It is an excellent site!!

Huntinfool

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not buy Cowboy! It is total CRAP!

BGE is great charcoal. The best I've ever used, though, is the Wicked Good stuff. It is the absolute best I've bought and BGE is a close second.

Royal Oak is OK. But I don't care what anybody says, it is not the same stuff as what comes in a BGE bag. I've looked at them side-by-side. They may come from the same place, but they are not the same quality of pieces IMO.

blues brother

I am with huntin fool...no cowboy for me. Its smells bad and taste bad, IMO.

I like wicked good when I can afford and get it.

I stick to RO lump in my egg if there is no wicked in the house.