Biggest Bust

TinKnocker

Recently I saw a comment about UGA having one of the "biggest busts" (Samuel?) ever at RB. I just noticed the HIGHEST ranked running back to ever commit to UGA was.................

Isaiah Crowell.

I'd say he takes the crown for biggest UGA bust. :bounce:

DBM78

Recently I saw a comment about UGA having one of the "biggest busts" (Samuel?) ever at RB. I just noticed the HIGHEST ranked running back to ever commit to UGA was.................

Isaiah Crowell.

I'd say he takes the crown for biggest UGA bust. :bounce:

Dude I hope you're joking. Richard Samuel is a DGD played RB moved to linebacker then back to RB the epitome of a team player.

As far as Crowell you think he's a bust? He might of been immature at UGA but he started as a true freshman and was a difference maker. That was unheard of back team. He departed from UGA went to smaller school went UNDRAFTED and had a 5 year career in the NFL. That's not a bust.

stonecreek

I would look at Jones the LB that went to Pittsburgh or Wilson who went to the Titans as a true bust. Wilson who I thought was a good character guy in college has been a total nut job as a first rounder and Jones just couldn’t play at the next level.

brownceluse

I’m still looking at D rob and Smauel. Samuel had one good game against Florida. Coaches played a roll.

TinKnocker

Dude I hope you're joking. Richard Samuel is a DGD played RB moved to linebacker then back to RB the epitome of a team player.

As far as Crowell you think he's a bust? He might of been immature at UGA but he started as a true freshman and was a difference maker. That was unheard of back team. He departed from UGA went to smaller school went UNDRAFTED and had a 5 year career in the NFL. That's not a bust.
1) maybe read closer. Someone else said Samuel was a bust. I was just referencing their comments.

2) Crowell was a bust for UGA. What he did in the NFL is irrelevant to whether or not he was a bust in college.

Fletch_W

Banned
If that's how you are defining it, Justin Fields wins. Bust at UGA regardless of what he does elsewhere. Highest rated player ever taken at UGA right?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Isiah was a bust at UGA because of his poor choices, not talent. The kid was as talented as they come, but could not keep his off the field behavior in check. Richard Samuel was/is the definition of a DGD. Dude did whatever was asked of him and kept on trucking.

westcobbdog

Crowell was a head case, Samuel a solid Dog, never forget how he scored vs tekky late and the Refs cheated us giving tek possession of the ball claiming he fumbled around 15 seconds after his knee was down.

westcobbdog

Isiah was a bust at UGA because of his poor choices, not talent. The kid was as talented as they come, but could not keep his off the field behavior in check. Richard Samuel was/is the definition of a DGD. Dude did whatever was asked of him and kept on trucking.
Crowell played what 3 yrs in the nfl so he for sure had talent.

DBM78

1) maybe read closer. Someone else said Samuel was a bust. I was just referencing their comments.

2) Crowell was a bust for UGA. What he did in the NFL is irrelevant to whether or not he was a bust in college.

You must of not been following the Dawgs long. All true dawgs fans remember Caleb King he is the biggest bust at RB. He was supposed to be the second coming of Hershel.

Also bust are usually labeled for players that didn't make it in the pros not college kids that go on to make millions and play multiple years in the NFL.

brownceluse

Not doubting Samuels DGD ranking. But as a 5 star recruit he was a huge bust.

TinKnocker

You must of not been following the Dawgs long. All true dawgs fans remember Caleb King he is the biggest bust at RB. He was supposed to be the second coming of Hershel.

Also bust are usually labeled for players that didn't make it in the pros not college kids that go on to make millions and play multiple years in the NFL.
A 4 star that's not even in the top 25 of highest signed Dawgs is their biggest bust???

Okay.

brownceluse

The coaches should get labeled a bust on the under/mid-use of James Cook in his time there, in my opinion.
Agree. That’ll God Players like Gurley and Kowshon Moreno weren’t 5 stars or the coaches would get blamed for them. However Richt did admit to wishing he hadn’t of redshirted Moreno. Samuel is fine real estate agent from what I hear.

lbzdually

Banned
Trenton Thompson. Supposed to be overall #1 player in the country, and never made a huge impact, then left too soon to try and get drafted. He was solid but nowhere near upper 5* ranking.

DannyW

Trenton Thompson. Supposed to be overall #1 player in the country, and never made a huge impact, then left too soon to try and get drafted. He was solid but nowhere near upper 5* ranking.

Just read up on Thompson...either someone gave him bad advice, or he didn't listen. Left school early for the draft and then didn't even get picked. Got invited to the Cleveland Browns training camp as a FA but did not even last three weeks before he was cut, and then no one else picked him up.

FWIW he is still in football, playing in the CFL.

MudDucker

Staff member
I'm sure glad we got so many experts up in here. I'm gonna print this out and send it to Kirby so he can be edumacated!

across the river

1)Samuel was a burst in terms of the fact that he came in as a five star RB and top 20 player and had less than a 1000 yards rushing in his career.

2)Crowell wasn't a bust at all. He had more rushing yards in his one year at UGA than Samuel had in his career, and was hurt a couple of games. How was that a bust? He got dismissed because he couldn't keep his act straight and stay of the green stuff. Had a good couple of years at Alabama State, after he was dismissed, then an NFL career. He wasn't a bust in college by any stretch, at least from a performance standpoint.
With that being said, his antics probably cost him a bunch of money.