Billy Strings - Blue Grass on Steroids!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What a weekend!
Yesterday we drove down to Tampa to see Billy Strings. My son likes his music & has learned quite a bit of picking watching his videos. He's been wanting to see him in concert.
Billy is awesome.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
My brother went to see him in concert about a month ago and was telling me about him. Says is is real good

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Screenshot_20240413_213042_Gallery.jpgHeaded in.
Screenshot_20240414_200016_Gallery.jpg
Mama can pick some good seats.
20240413_201447.jpg20240413_201452.jpg20240413_211554.jpgScreenshot_20240413_213109_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240414_200754_Gallery.jpg
After the concert, we struck out to Orlando. Spent the night & this morning we picked up my son's girlfriend (she lives in Orlando) & went to the Milwaukee Bucks v. Orlando Magic game.
Screenshot_20240414_201201_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240414_201251_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240414_201314_Gallery.jpg
Magic won.
We then took his girlfriend home & headed home.
Plumb wore out.

4HAND

Staff member
My brother went to see him in concert about a month ago and was telling me about him. Says is is real good
He is an outstanding guitarist.

His fan base is comprised of 2 walks of life - hippies & regular folks who like bluegrass & good music.
It was a long show. You definitely get your money's worth!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Thet boy musta sold his soul to the devil!
He is that good...
:bounce:

Redbow

Hook Billy Strings up with Tommy Emmanuel and it gets even better. Both of them are awesome guitar pickers.

Redbow

A.J. Lee and Molly Tuttle can make some pretty good music as well. Ole Billy is helping Molly out in that video, don't know if A. J. Lee is there or not can't see her if she is.

slow motion

I'm no musician for sure, but even I could recognize talent in that fella. Screenshot_20240415-070231_Adblock Browser.jpg

ryork

Billy Strings is legit! He and Molly Tuttle lived together for a while in Nashville before they both made it big. Can you imagine the picking at that place…..

Hillbilly stalker

Pretty sure that ol boy has been to the crossroads, if you know what I mean Vern. :cool:

If you ever get the chance, read the story how his daddy sold his own guitar so they could get by when they were going thru tuff times. Several years later Billy found it on EBAY, contacted the seller and made a payment deal on it to get it back. He presented it to his dad on stage one night, pretty good video.

4HAND

Staff member
Pretty sure that ol boy has been to the crossroads, if you know what I mean Vern. :cool:

If you ever get the chance, read the story how his daddy sold his own guitar so they could get by when they were going thru tuff times. Several years later Billy found it on EBAY, contacted the seller and made a payment deal on it to get it back. He presented it to his dad on stage one night, pretty good video.
I asked my son & he'd read about that. I looked it up. That's something!
Did you know the man who raised him isn't his biological father?
His biological father died from an overdose when Billy was about 2.

He also gave his daddy the 1st of 33 handmade Preston Thompson "Billy Strings" signature guitars he had made.

Redbow

I wonder if Billy has a Wayne Henderson guitar, I think Wayne made one for Doc Watson, I know he made one for Eric Clapton. Don't know if Chet Atkins ever played one of Henderson's guitars or not. So many great pickers out there even some of the local talent in our area here aren't bad at picking a little bluegrass and country music either.

Ever heard Wayne Newton pick out Spanish Eyes on guitar?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Billy ain't just a bluegrass act, either. He can rock with the best of them.