Black hole target

FESTUSHAGGIN

has anybody used the black hole BLOCK target. is it any better or is there any difference at all. ive got the original block but it has seen better days, i am going to buy a new one and was just curious if i should give the new one a try.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Can't remember if this was a black hole or block target,

but after a couple of season w/broadheads it was in bad shape:)

Here is what I did and now I have one that can be used for a while longer and adjusted to control arrow depth with an 1/2 " wrench;)

Just a suggestion:)

Attachments

• b head target.JPG
    b head target.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 146

Trizey

Leo- I've wanted to make myself something like that for a long time...

What did you use for the stopping material and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking.

SGaither

Leo,
I have an original Block that could use something like that cause my arrows tend to stick out the back end about an inch. Since you're just right down the road and seem to be the professional at installing the after market target saver, how about I just pay you a visit and you can do some work on saving my target. Just jokin' it appears that does the job and may have to try it myself.

reylamb

2 choices for broadhead targets if you do not go the build-it-yourself route:

Rinehart Target Cube (best broadhead target I have ever used)
Morell Yellow Jacket (do not shoot field tips into it until it loosens up)

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Scott :rofl:

Trizey, I started with an old "block" type target that was getting real loose and the material was cut in the middle from removing broadheads, it had metal banding and plastic wrap on it.

With the treated 2x's and all thread I saved some $'s:)

TreeJacker

I have a Black Hole but I have shot into some of the Block targets...I believe the Block works a little better due to being more dense. I bought the Black Hole because it was a little cheaper than the Block.