Bowl matchups trickling in

SpotandStalk

Other than the big4, the games i look forward to watching are:
Ohio State vs. USCw
UCF vs. Auburn
Wisconsin vs. Miami
Notre Dame vs. LSU
Michigan vs. USCe
I'm sure i'll watch most of the bowls but those are my top games.

Some good games this bowl season.

deerbuster

I know I shouldn't be worried about the UCF vs Auburn match up, but I am. UCF has put up some points this year, and Auburns last game was poor.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I know I shouldn't be worried about the UCF vs Auburn match up, but I am. UCF has put up some points this year, and Auburns last game was poor.

UCF hasn't seen a defense like auburns though. I wouldn't worry to much

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am glad we have the playoffs, but I missed the old days, when we could not wait to see which Bowl game our team was in. THis back, the bowls had names, that did not include a corporate sponsor. The Outback Bowl, just doesn't not have that ring to it. Back then there were the 4 majors, Rose, Orange, Sugar and Cotton. The Gator bowl was right below those four.

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

That UCF match-up scares me too.
One of those games where everybody thinks and assumes you'll blow them out but you can see it being a hard opponent to get this team up for because of their aspirations to be in the CFP.
I just remember in 2010 when George O'Leary and UCF beat UGA and this year Mercer was allowed to be in that game waaaaay to long as our offence was sputtering.
UCF has put up some monster #'s on the scoreboard this year.

MudDucker

Staff member
More interesting statistic is a list of teams with new or interim coaches.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

-Florida gets 'Home for the Holidays'
-Tennessee gets the Dumpster Fire.

Ain't college football great!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Auburn UCF will be a great match up.

I think it's an insult to Auburn. They earned a better opponent than UCF. I will be surprised if Auburn hasn't put it away by halftime.

SpotandStalk

I think it's an insult to Auburn. They earned a better opponent than UCF. I will be surprised if Auburn hasn't put it away by halftime.

You want the playoffs based on W/L record and winning conference championships but UCF doesn't deserve an opponent like Auburn?:huh:

UCF may give Auburn all they can handle

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You want the playoffs based on W/L record and winning conference championships but UCF doesn't deserve an opponent like Auburn?:huh:

Yes I want a playoff system based solely on W/L record but that isn't what we have and I'm talking about what we have, not what I want in this thread.

The only way UCF has a shot is if Auburn phones it in from the Gus bus in the parking lot. I could see that happening if AU is down in the dumps over losing the SECCG but I'm pretty sure Malzhan will have all of that practiced out of them by the time the game comes and Auburn will be making a statement in that game.

SpotandStalk

Yes I want a playoff system based solely on W/L record but that isn't what we have and I'm talking about what we have, not what I want in this thread.

The only way UCF has a shot is if Auburn phones it in from the Gus bus in the parking lot. I could see that happening if AU is down in the dumps over losing the SECCG but I'm pretty sure Malzhan will have all of that practiced out of them by the time the game comes and Auburn will be making a statement in that game.

Quit all that dancing and junping around. :D

I can see UCF giving Auburn all they can handle. They'll be playing with something to prove and trying to send Frost out on top. UCF is gonna let it all hang out and alot of these games end up in an upset. Fsu/Houston, Bama/Utah, Ga/UCF. Its probably my most anticipated matchup outside the playoffs.

Who cares.. At the end of the day, Dawgs are in and the rest of you can sit and wallow in that..

Here is to the 2017 SEC Champs!! Go DAWGS!

giphy.gif

joepuppy

Dawgs win it all. Ya'll been saying it for years......

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Quit all that dancing and junping around. :D

I can see UCF giving Auburn all they can handle. They'll be playing with something to prove and trying to send Frost out on top. UCF is gonna let it all hang out and alot of these games end up in an upset. Fsu/Houston, Bama/Utah, Ga/UCF. Its probably my most anticipated matchup outside the playoffs.

Of course UCF will be up for this game. It will be their way of saying "we belong here". It's up to Auburn to prove "no you don't". My money is on the Barn.

SpotandStalk

Of course UCF will be up for this game. It will be their way of saying "we belong here". It's up to Auburn to prove "no you don't". My money is on the Barn.

Who's your avatar on? :pop::bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Yeah, UCF is a very good team and certainly capable of beating Auburn. I too expect this to be a good game, and would not be surprised at all if UCF wins. The Peach Bowl is usually one of the, if not the, best bowl games of the year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member