Brian Laundrie

gunnurse

How long do you think it will take to catch him. The FBI said “it will only take one very small mistake for him to be found.” Remember Eric Rudolph? After five years of intensive manhunt hours, advanced technology, and millions of dollars spent by federal law enforcement authorities, it took five minutes of dumb luck for a rookie cop to find him savaging in dumpsters in Murphy, N.C. Here’s hoping for dumb luck to strike again.

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I do not believe he’s at that reserve in Florida. If so, he’s got to be dead. No way he can stand the skeeters, flies and gnats for this long, even with spray. As hot as it’s been, he’d sweat that stuff off in no time. Gators, venomous snakes, very rough, flooded terrain, I just don’t see him lasting this long there. He has to be somewhere else, maybe even dead.

Wonder if they’ve flown over the area using thermal imaging? Haven’t heard any reports about that, but surely they have done so.

Hillbilly stalker

The car left at the swamp was merely bait. Like running from a bear, you drop something and he has to investigate. Depletes resources and interest. Any survivalist worth his salt wont take on the bugs.....no way to win that fight. He may leave some bloody clothing in the swamp as a decoy. He's leaving or left the country would be my guess. If his parents are connected to his flight, they should be prosecuted. They usually make dumb mistakes after awhile and get caught. We had an Inmate at Ft. Leavenworth that was slick enough to build a ladder in shop and get over the wall, dodge the dogs and manhunt...but was captured digging change out of the wishing well at the Kansas city mall by an off duty detective 2 weeks later. Patience.

Lilly001

I am somewhat familiar with that area. My Fl house is just north of there and I have hunted and fished many times in that area.
A Competent woodsman can survive in that area. It is not solid swamp. There is solid ground, plenty of water, and plenty of food if you know where to find it.
The wild animals and insects can make it unpleasant, but the native tribes did live in that area prior to the white man.
But he doesn’t impress me as someone with the necessary skills.
If he is still in that area and alive, and not being harbored by someone, he will probably be caught like Rudolf was scavenging in someone’s trash for food.

Reactions: srb

Redbow

A news report I saw a few nights ago said this man is probably out of the country but probably no-one really knows but him and his parents. Or if someone knows they aren't talking about it.

diamondback

It was funny to me when the guy said he was positive he seen him somewhere that the father decides to “help”. I think when he runs out of cash and tries to contact daddy will be when they get him. I believe the parents help hide him and should be charged as well. I don’t think he has it in him to last that long without daddy’s money.

Doug B.

I am somewhat familiar with that area. My Fl house is just north of there and I have hunted and fished many times in that area.
A Competent woodsman can survive in that area. It is not solid swamp. There is solid ground, plenty of water, and plenty of food if you know where to find it.
The wild animals and insects can make it unpleasant, but the native tribes did live in that area prior to the white man.
But he doesn’t impress me as someone with the necessary skills.
If he is still in that area and alive, and not being harbored by someone, he will probably be caught like Rudolf was scavenging in someone’s trash for food.
From what I understood at the time, Eric Rudolph allowed himself to be caught because he was tired of being on the run and living like he was. I don't think he would have made it all those years and then slipped so easily when he was caught. I don't know if Laundrie is capable of what Rudolph did, I guess time will tell.

Reactions: srb

Lilly001

From what I understood at the time, Eric Rudolph allowed himself to be caught because he was tired of being on the run and living like he was. I don't think he would have made it all those years and then slipped so easily when he was caught. I don't know if Laundrie is capable of what Rudolph did, I guess time will tell.
As I recall with Rudolph the authorities put pressure on the family and friends that they thought were aiding him. When that aid dried up he was forced to the urban areas to scrounge for food.

Doug B.

As I recall with Rudolph the authorities put pressure on the family and friends that they thought were aiding him. When that aid dried up he was forced to the urban areas to scrounge for food.
He lived very close to urban areas for years. He had probably been dumpster diving the whole time and allowed himself to be caught finally.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I do not believe he’s at that reserve in Florida. If so, he’s got to be dead. No way he can stand the skeeters, flies and gnats for this long, even with spray. As hot as it’s been, he’d sweat that stuff off in no time. Gators, venomous snakes, very rough, flooded terrain, I just don’t see him lasting this long there. He has to be somewhere else, maybe even dead.

Wonder if they’ve flown over the area using thermal imaging? Haven’t heard any reports about that, but surely they have done so.
People have been living and thriving in those swamps for probably 30,000 years.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, native Indians who know how to do so. Not some Goober like who they’re looking for.
I have no idea how capable he is of surviving in that environment. If he knows what he's doing, no problem. Which he very well may. Or, he may be in San Francisco living in a yurt.

I also wondered if authorities have used thermal imagining . I don't think he is in the Preserve, but either out of country or has left SW Florida for some other wilderness area.

However , if still in Preserve I think he can survive n there, he si an avid outdoor guy.
As being possible to survive in this environment just check out history of Totch Brown, a good read.