Bryce Young is projected a 1st rd pick... Stetson Bennett 5th-7th rd....Why?

Resica

It’s not a fact that he won’t be drafted. I’ll be surprised if he’s not. Either way Stetson has two rings Stroud has none and that’s what matters to me more than anything to do with the NFL. I don’t even watch pro football anymore. I’m not a liberal.
Heck Brad, you don't watch college football either :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Nope. I said I was done when they acted like they were GON Black Lives Matter all over the place. If you’re GON get in your feelings for no reason at least get your facts straight.
Again. My feelings aren’t hurt. Just odd that your commenting on a guy you didn’t even watch play

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Again. My feelings aren’t hurt. Just odd that your commenting on a guy you didn’t even watch play
Odd that you don’t care about what’s true. Is this the lie forum?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Y’all remember Arron Murray. 13,000 yards passing and 121 td’s in college. Much better than Bennett. He got drafted in the 5th round and never played one down of NFL football.

Resica

Y’all remember Arron Murray. 13,000 yards passing and 121 td’s in college. Much better than Bennett. He got drafted in the 5th round and never played one down of NFL football.
Weurffel and Toretta won Heismans and did little in the pros. One was a 7th round pick and the other a 4th rounder. Toretta won 2 national championships and Wuerffel 1 , I believe.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
For every Aaron Murray, there's also a Tim Couch and David Klingler but there's also a Tom Brady and Kurt Warner. Nobody seems to know with certainty why some "sure thing" QB's blow up in the pros and some guy you never heard of from Lower Louisiana Farmer's and Technical College goes on to success.

Tight Lines

Stetson Bennett won two National Championships at the head of a great team with a great coach. He wasn't perfect, but he played with poise, determination, and tenacity.

I'm not sure I understand the rationalization of him vs. other players in the draft. Kirby himself didn't chase Bennett down as a 5-star recruit. He wasn't a 5-star recruit because of the physical attributes that the game desires.

He will be drafted and he may prove all of the critics wrong. I for one hope he does. He'll be a back up somewhere, and maybe, just like at UGA, he'll get his chance on the big stage.

But the raw athleticism and size that the NFL desires in a QB isn't inherent in Stetson. Tom Brady didn't look like much at the combine and went 199 in the draft, but he is a full half a foot taller than Stetson. He was and is as determined at Stetson.

Whether he plays in a Super Bowl, or is inducted into the CFBHOF no one can take away from Stetson Bennett who he is, or what he has done.

The critics and analysts get them right, and sometimes get it wrong...Rocket Ismail was projected to go #1 in the NFL draft and barely did anything...Brian Bosworth same thing...Tony Mandarich same thing...

Jerry Rice went #16 and just got better and better, like Michael Jordan did. Montana went third round and was exceptional...Kurt Warner barely made it in college and went on to win the Super Bowl after bagging groceries. And a million other examples...

Stetson Bennett has peaked physically at 25...he isn't getting bigger, faster, or materially stronger...

Bryce Young at 21 may...a lot can happen to a person his age in a few years...

Whatever happens to Stetson will be OK. He did what he set out to do, and there may be more magic to come...comparing him to anyone else is just hyperbole and chat room fodder...he will be fine, and do fine...Bryce Young may, or may not...that's reality on the big stage and in life...

Last edited:

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Stetson Bennett won two National Championships at the head of a great team with a great coach. He wasn't perfect, but he played with poise, determination, and tenacity.

I'm not sure I understand the rationalization of him vs. other players in the draft. Kirby himself didn't chase Bennett down as a 5-star recruit. He wasn't a 5-star recruit because of the physical attributes that the game desires.

He will be drafted and he may prove all of the critics wrong. I for one hope he does. He'll be a back up somewhere, and maybe, just like at UGA, he'll get his chance on the big stage.

But the raw athleticism and size that the NFL desires in a QB isn't inherent in Stetson. Tom Brady didn't look like much at the combine and went 199 in the draft, but he is a full half a foot taller than Stetson. He was and is as determined at Stetson.

Whether he plays in a Super Bowl, or is inducted into the CFBHOF no one can take away from Stetson Bennett who he is, or what he has done.

The critics and analysts get them right, and sometimes get it wrong...Rocket Ismail was projected to go #1 in the NFL draft and barely did anything...Brian Bosworth same thing...Tony Mandarich same thing...

Jerry Rice went #16 and just got better and better, like Michael Jordan did. Montana went third round and was exceptional...Kurt Warner barely made it in college and went on the win the Super Bowl after bagging groceries. And a million other examples...

Stetson Bennett has peaked physically at 25...he isn't getting bigger, faster, or materially stronger...

Bryce Young at 21 may...a lot can happen to a person his age in a few years...

Whatever happens to Stetson will be OK. He did what he set out to do, and there may be more magic to come...comparing him to anyone else is just hyperbole and chat room fodder...he will be fine, and do fine...Bryce Young may, or may not...that's reality on the big stage and in life...
And that is a well written, realistic view of SB.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Guaranteed success of any qb to succeed is mostly a crap shoot, just look at SF 49ers Brock Purdy.
Dude is balling out, playing like a 50 million dollar qb.
Wasn’t he the last player drafted, Mr Irrelevant?
Lol...you've discovered I'm not your Dawg "yes" man. For the record, McConkey ain't NFL material either. ;)

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Lol...you've discovered I'm not your Dawg "yes" man. For the record, McConkey ain't NFL material either. ;)

The hate is strong in you young Skywalker. Feel the power of the dark side of the Farce! :bounce: