Bullet puller (non inertia type)

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have a Forster and a Hornady Cam Lock.
I think the Hornady has a slight advantage over the Forster from my use.
My WSM cases will not go inside my Forster. The Hornady seems to pull from a lower position in the die. They are both somewhat blind and that is where the inertia type has an advantage to me. You don't always have to allow the bullet to come all of the way out with the inertia puller to get the bullet out of the case. I believe that the speed you strike the inertia puller is more important than how hard you strike the hammer.

GregoryB.

I have the grip n pull also. It does ok. You need good hand strength to use it. I have some lightly crimped ammo that it just slips off of even with adequate gripping surface on the bullet.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have the grip n pull also. It does ok. You need good hand strength to use it. I have some lightly crimped ammo that it just slips off of even with adequate gripping surface on the bullet.

good to know...I was going to buy a pair and give them to my buddy. The pistol and .223 machine loads are crimped.

transfixer

I seldom pull bullets, but use an inertia puller , never tried one of the others, never had to pull enough bullets to make it worthwhile to try one

leroy

I seldom pull bullets, but use an inertia puller , never tried one of the others, never had to pull enough bullets to make it worthwhile to try one

I've been good till last night, loaded 20 rounds that was suppose to have 59 grains of powder but i loaded 52.5 due to me not paying close attention to my notes facepalm: I have a inertia type and did a few.

transfixer

I've been good till last night, loaded 20 rounds that was suppose to have 59 grains of powder but i loaded 52.5 due to me not paying close attention to my notes facepalm: I have a inertia type and did a few.

I acquired some 45lc rounds already loaded, and pulled a few just to see what type powder and how much was in them, only 3 or 4, only time I've used the inertia puller in quite a while, I have some hot loaded .357 rounds I probably should pull, as they are a bit too hot for my son's .357 snub, but I'll keep them for someone's .357 rifle, or full size Ruger pistol

leroy

Got a hornady collet puller, I will be throwing the inertia hammer away. Pulled all with no trouble, didn't scar bullets, very simple and fast, can have it pulled and done before you can get the hammer loaded and make a single blow. I see no benefit for the inertia over it other than the collet purchases

Last edited:

Darkhorse

Got a hornady collet puller, I will be throwing the inertia hammer away. Pulled all with no trouble, didn't scar bullets, very simple and fast, can have it pulled and done before you can get the hammer loaded and make a single blow. I see no benefit for the inertia over it other than the collet purchases

And THAT can be a big issue. I have the RCBS version that does a great job if I have a collet the size I need. If I don't then I'm dead in the water.