Camping/hog hunting trip planned

longrangedog

I'm going to Chestatee next month but I can tell you I'm not lugging a Hog up those mountains! LOL. If I see one I hope he is facing down hill towards the truck!
I supply wild hogs to several folks who enjoy eating them (I trap them). Almost without exception they remove the tenderloins and debone the hams and dump everything else. The wild hog is an invasive, destructive, disease spreading pest and I would have no hesitation shooting one and leaving it where it fell. I know not everyone will agree with me and I'm OK with that.

Jimmack

I supply wild hogs to several folks who enjoy eating them (I trap them). Almost without exception they remove the tenderloins and debone the hams and dump everything else. The wild hog is an invasive, destructive, disease spreading pest and I would have no hesitation shooting one and leaving it where it fell. I know not everyone will agree with me and I'm OK with that.
Being from Florida I can definitely agree with that. Sometimes just getting what you can iced down so it doesn’t spoil on you is the best option.

Jimmack

Hey everyone first post here. My brother, our buddy Jimmy and I are planning a trip down in January to camp and hog hunt during the coldest/roughest part of our deer season. Was looking for some good advice on where to try that we could camp and hunt. We're new to hog hunting but all avid deer hunters from MD. We're prepared to pack in/pack out... Pretty confident we have all the gear we could need...just don't know where to start for finding the hogs. I've read till I'm blue in the face about hunting down there, but all on older threads...

We'd prefer the northern part of the state as it's closer to us, but really we're up for anywhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
I'll make sure and follow up with ya after I hunt a couple of NGA WMA's this winter. If nothing else we can get y'all on some Hogs down here in NFLA