Carnivore diet

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't eat eggs unless they are an ingredient in something else. The rest I'd like to do.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That looks delicious, but some taters and bread would sure go good with it. ::ke: :bounce:

jbogg

My daughter has been carnivore for over two years. She is a Type 1 diabetic and has not required a single insulin injection in over two years. My wife and I have been mostly Keto for the past year and the benefits are amazing. I would have never thought that I could give up potatoes, bread and pasta, but the results have been worth it. My joint pain is a fraction of what it was, and my gut is normal for the first time ever. My doc could not believe my blood work. I scored a 0 on a recent calcium channel score at 60 years of age, and was able to get off statins completely.

menhadenman

My daughter has been carnivore for over two years. She is a Type 1 diabetic and has not required a single insulin injection in over two years. My wife and I have been mostly Keto for the past year and the benefits are amazing. I would have never thought that I could give up potatoes, bread and pasta, but the results have been worth it. My joint pain is a fraction of what it was, and my gut is normal for the first time ever. My doc could not believe my blood work. I scored a 0 on a recent calcium channel score at 60 years of age, and was able to get off statins completely.

Similar experience here - dropped from 240 to 190 lbs (6-2”), much more mobile, better in the mountains, and gut issues (that were terrible for over a decade) are pretty much gone. Hardest hurdle for me is avoiding those tasty microbrews!

But eating steak chicken fish eggs and greens just doesn’t get old for me.

buckpasser

I recently went strict keto for a month. I have slowly reintroduced more carbs, but went from 300 to 277 (6’4”) in that month. The benefits I didn’t expect were zero heart burn or other gut issues and a boost in energy (after a while).

There were some “crashes” early on and I was shocked at the cravings I battled. I love bread and sweets! I also really missed drinking milk and eating a bunch of carrots. Ultimately, these two items are what made me quit keto and just be more sensible.