Changing a pin from .019 to .010

James12

Well, I’m glad I took pictures when I disassembled my single pin on my new sight - or else I’d be in panic mode. Couldn’t find any .010 fiber except on Amazon as most bow shops were out or didn’t sell it. If you ever do this, it’s worth studying or watching a couple videos before you DIY. Sure do like and can tell the difference between the two sizes though! The .019 was easier to see, but it was covering too much past 30 yds.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
.10 is awesome for long distance shooting. But I'll warn you, unless it's illuminated, it's harder to see in low light conditions.

Ya no thanks. Been there done that. Youll need a pin light for the last 1/2 hour of shooting light and the first 1/2 hour and in my of the states that I hunt that isnt legal.

Deerhead

It depends on the sight. On the Spot hog I had to cover up some of the fiber so it would not be too bright during last hour of shooting light.

James12

Yea I put a good head on the end of it to help, but pretty happy with it.

James12

Speaking of illegal in some states, shooting the digital React One from trophy ridge. It’s not a range finding sight, just replaces your yardage tape. Best money spent in a while.