Charter recommendation

jfinch

My family is going to Fort Morgan, AL in September. I am looking for a captain to take myself, my FIL, and my 6 yr old son on a fishing trip. Looking for one out of Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan or Orange Beach. We will probably want to keep the trip to 4-5 hours. Can be inshore, near shore, or a short deep sea trip. My son has never been fishing in a boat any kind so I am looking for someone that is good with kids. Who can you recommend?

BOWROD

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE RED EYE CHARTER !!!!! OUT OF FORT MORGAN that captain put's you on fish !!!!!!!

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
There are a number of good charters in that area, it is ashame you are not going on an offshore overnight charter, the white and blue marlin bite should be hot (I would go so far as to say the northern GOM is one of the best places to fish for white marlin in the world that time of year). I really don't know of any inshore charters in that area though. Alot of the boats in the northern GOM are hurting due to the high fuel costs and closures on red snapper and if the new grouper limits get approved, you will see a good number of the operations go out of business. Bottom fishing is the bread and butter of northern GOM charter operations and with small limits and high fuel prices most folks just don't want to pay the price for little keeper fish. Good luck