Kids fishing

Going to Panama City Beach September 16. Looking for somewhere to take my grandsons fishing from the bank or shore. They are 15 and 16 years old. Staying at Venture Out, we fish on the small pier there but only catch baitfish most of the time. Watched the live pier cam but looks like only small fish are being caught from the big piers. Would appreciate any info I can get.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Give the dock at the boat ramp at St. Andrews State Park a try.
Just down the road from Venture Out.

Geffellz18

Jetties at St. Andrews, surf fish the beach &/or wade out at the end of Jan Cooley Rd-There’s a public kayak launch there in Bay Point. I have better luck heading back NE from the launch(to the left) but am in my kayak.

slow motion

Like people have said the piers and jetties. Jetties can be slick and rock hopping isn't for everybody but there's often good fish in those rocks. Just keep in mind you'll lose some tackle there. Think you can still fish under the bridge too..

westcobbdog

Going to Panama City Beach September 16. Looking for somewhere to take my grandsons fishing from the bank or shore. They are 15 and 16 years old. Staying at Venture Out, we fish on the small pier there but only catch baitfish most of the time. Watched the live pier cam but looks like only small fish are being caught from the big piers. Would appreciate any info I can get.
Was fishing there last month, one spot I hit is under the big bridge just before the airport, it's near pier park and traveling east west you turn and head north and before crossing said bridge turn and then wind around and eventually park underneath it. Think it's Hwy 77 but it's the only way to get to the airport from PCB. Fish off bridge pilings.
Also I think it's Dolphin boat ramp on grand lagoon ( maybe ) it has a nice dock to walk out on. Near front beach road. Plenty of room to cast. I like and prefer the State Park, too, sorry name escapes me, but park access opens abit late at 8am i think, especially like to fish the state park Jetty's, it's mostly an easy walk around the lagoon to the big rocks, and straight out is good but some walk an additional 200 - 300 yds way out on the big boulders, but the pass is usually good and at times great.
When the water is moving it's best. Gold spoons and bass plugs for reds and other species but many use shrimp or other fresh baits. Some fish shrimp or fresh bait in the big wading pool itself, it gets deep and opens to the pass, also there are a few piers to try, one in the state park one at pier park way westward. Take a few masks for hhe boys to snorkel around the wading pool, too.
My best luck on the piers are when the ocean is stormy raining and boiling. The St park along front beach road may have a pier and it's the far east on the beach before it dead ends into park. Half hitch tackle has anything you need or forgot, close by on Thomas Drive.