Cherokee 12ga 32” single shot……any ideas?

transfixer

You testing me? Lol ::ke: I certainly do realize it and I wouldn’t shoot a nitro Turkey shell out of it…etc.. I’ve shot it before and I’m not afraid of it….I do respect it though! I know it’s not a toy and a 12ga is no joke!
I’ve got some high brass #6 dove loads I bet would work too! I dunno, but I need another shotgun. Not having mine this weekend is harder than I thought. I could be in the woods right now while she sleepsfacepalm:

I would be very reluctant to even shoot high brass shells I believe, I inherited my grandfathers old 12 ga single shot, its hanging on the wall and I don't remember the name right now, but it was made in the 30's or 40's, if I remember right, my dad shot some high brass rabbit loads it in back in the 70's and it cracked the receiver from the pressure exerted back against the rear of the receiver where the firing pin is.

I had taken it to a gunsmith to see if it could be repaired, but was told the metal they used back then was of low quality, and likely could not be welded back together safely,

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have one in my cart at PSA…..Y’all are not helping me…..neither did the reviews on a black aces.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I was handling the old girl and she isn’t as tight as I thought…..I’m pushing myself into a corner

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yildiz O/U, Turkey choke in the upper barrel, little more open on the bottom. For those rare occasions you roll one and it seems to get up some how. :bounce:

Wont break the bank.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If you go Yildiz, Sumtoy makes Turkey chokes for them.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I thought it best I just get a new shotgun. I grabbed a Black Aces semi auto for home defense+ It’s only an 18.5” barrel, but it’s got an additional bird head stock and comes with 3 chokes, in a hard case. Budget gun for sure, but after I pay Cabela’s I should be right at $300 ttl.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice old gun , is your normal turkey gun broken ?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice old gun , is your normal turkey gun broken ?
No, I left it with my friend since he doesn’t have a shotgun. I’ll be back at his house Monday in the early AM.
I think instead of sitting in the blind, I’ll walk around, maybe sneak back in it. I’ve gotten busted so many times walking around and calling, it was easy to convince myself to setup before making any calls! Rethinking that move.

BASS1FUN

I’m with the majority that says leave it alone I have an old 12ga single shot that was my great grandfather’s and I won’t dare shoot a 23/4” load out of it, make your turkey harvest memorable and fun not one of I wish I would’ve listened.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
No, I left it with my friend since he doesn’t have a shotgun. I’ll be back at his house Monday in the early AM.
I think instead of sitting in the blind, I’ll walk around, maybe sneak back in it. I’ve gotten busted so many times walking around and calling, it was easy to convince myself to setup before making any calls! Rethinking that move.

Never loan out your gun, knife, wife, or hunting dog. Ever.