The Rocky Mountain Way

cowhornedspike

Someday, though, I hope.

Had talked with a hunting buddy for years about "someday" going on a western hunt. He finally told me "buddy, 'someday' never comes" and we needed to go that year...we did and we have gone back twice since. (mule deer, elk and antelope each killed by both of us)

I have gone many times since with other friends also and have NO regrets. All of my trips except 2 have been driving.

A fishing trip is even easier and takes waaaay less planning and money.

I know everyone's life is different but GO when you can and plan on doing it rather than reasons you can't. JMHO

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Had talked with a hunting buddy for years about "someday" going on a western hunt. He finally told me "buddy, 'someday' never comes" and we needed to go that year...we did and we have gone back twice since. (mule deer, elk and antelope each killed by both of us)

I have gone many times since with other friends also and have NO regrets. All of my trips except 2 have been driving.

A fishing trip is even easier and takes waaaay less planning and money.

I know everyone's life is different but GO when you can and plan on doing it rather than reasons you can't. JMHO
I agree 100%! I cannot imagine anything more depressing that sitting on your porch in a rocking chair as an old man and looking back on your life and saying to yourself over and over "I wish I had done..."

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I agree 100%! I cannot imagine anything more depressing that sitting on your porch in a rocking chair as an old man and looking back on your life and saying to yourself over and over "I wish I had done..."
This getting up at 4AM and going to work every day thing keeps getting in the way of what I wish to do. But fishing don't pay the bills, unfortunately.

ddd-shooter

One reason I like this particular spot is the different types of water available within walking distance. @The mtn man tagged along on this trip and he's a pretty fair fishing buddy. He knows that little bitty water doesn't always mean little bitty fish.

View attachment 1240970
View attachment 1240972
View attachment 1240973

Of course, it's not all cutts.

View attachment 1240975

Even when the fishing is great, sometimes you just need to slow down and take in the scenery.

View attachment 1240977

To be continued....
Man you know I enjoyed reading this!! Love that spot!
Did you have to keep that Brook? Or have regulations relaxed there?

basshappy

BANNED
You drive.. I'll buy the gas and food... me and the TSA nazis have had our last fight!

LOL. Being free to listen to what we want, eat what we want, breathe what we want, wear what we want, say what we want, etc. ... driving wins hands down. Even with construction, road mishaps, etc., I prefer to drive. My boy and I drive home to Ohio instead of flying. Pit stopping to shop, eat, and play along the way and back again are all just perks. I have more fishing licenses now as we fish our way up and down. LOL

Plus we sleep in our van, stay where we want, etc. Love the road!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
LOL. Being free to listen to what we want, eat what we want, breathe what we want, wear what we want, say what we want, etc. ... driving wins hands down. Even with construction, road mishaps, etc., I prefer to drive. My boy and I drive home to Ohio instead of flying. Pit stopping to shop, eat, and play along the way and back again are all just perks. I have more fishing licenses now as we fish our way up and down. LOL

Plus we sleep in our van, stay where we want, etc. Love the road!
I can fit 12 foot sheet rock behind the seats of my van and still close the doors. Plenty of room for gear and sleep'n.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
First / last "trip" I made after my NSA passport ran out I ended up strip'n slap nakid in the Miami air port and sit'n in the floor till the Dade Co. Sheriff's Deputies showed up and arrested the TSA nasis. :eek:

basshappy

BANNED
@Batjack love the roominess in the van - our yaks slide in with plenty of room to spare. We slide 'em forward to sleep in the bed in the back, or rearward to access the bathroom and fridge.

IMG_20230806_141243.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
@Batjack love the roominess in the van - our yaks slide in with plenty of room to spare. We slide 'em forward to sleep in the bed in the back, or rearward to access the bathroom and fridge.

View attachment 1245598
Looks like you "pimped out" one of them Sprinters. That's not a van... that's a mini home on wheels.

cowhornedspike

First / last "trip" I made after my NSA passport ran out I ended up strip'n slap nakid in the Miami air port and sit'n in the floor till the Dade Co. Sheriff's Deputies showed up and arrested the TSA nasis. :eek:
Thankfully you didn't attach any pics with that post...:)

Jeffrey o

From what I have read,you could make it as a writer.
Yes! After setting here since joining the forum and sitting and reading all of NChillbillys post and yes I mean all of them he can definitely write a book! I read a few and thought man this guy is good and it was a small rabbit hole I went down and I felt like I learned a lot as well

Latest posts