Christians: 'Not All Like That'

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Some of those other things have been acceptable. We've decided that they no longer are. And homosexuality may go that way too. I'm glad my parents didn't expect anything "unusual" from me as a child.... But it's just that, UNUSUAL. If it wasn't unusual, it would be usual, normal and accepted and no one would bat an eye. Again, I feel that those types of things would be morally wrong yes. And I would judge someone or some group if they were ok with it because it didn't match my own morals. I wouldn't say that it's permissible because it's not my usual. I would say that they came to their conclusion in exactly the same we've come to ours.

So everything that occurs in the animal kingdom is morally permissible in mankind?

WaltL1

Infinite dignity and sanctity speak to mans innate worth/value.

Depravity speaks to his actual nature/tendency

No contradiction at all. And isn't it wonderful that God can love us despite the disparity between our intended design and our failed potential. His love bridges that gap for all who ask.

I can see how you got confused though in cutting and pasting from different topics in separate threads. Maybe you're too focused on trying to prove me wrong to think clearly, or maybe you thought you could simply misrepresent the facts in this juvenile attempt to disparage me, or maybe you just dont understand the concepts being discussed. Either way, why don't you just stick to simple insults. At least you're adequate at it.
:rofl:
You have been exposed for what you are.
Bye Bye

660griz

Dude you are grasping. No two male black swans have ever produced an egg.
And you are still on the having babies kick. <sigh>
Is that the behavior you are suggesting we can morally extrapolate to mankind?

A whole lot better than the Bible gives us.

The morality may or may not be accepted by mankind. It just depends on the maturity of your belief system.

I have to say, it totally amazes me the amount and level of 'proof' you demand for things that are proven and yet build your entire life and after-life around nothing.

There are many aspects of the universe that still cannot be explained satisfactorily by science; but ignorance only implies ignorance that may someday be conquered. To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today. (Asimov)

SemperFiDawg

More of the same stuff sfd... You ask for something, get it, then say it's not what you asked for.

Patently false.

Really, show me an animal that procreates thru homosexual acts. Evolutionary theory doesn't even support it.

That was my assertion in post 55, to which many provided articles regarding homosexual acts among animals which, you will note, does not address the assertion. None of them were an example of homosexual procreation. Yet when this has been repeatedly pointed out, you and others become angry because I don't accept your evidence to an assertion that was never made. Now because you can neither push me off my point nor provided evidence to refute the point some of you bail on the subject. Why cannot one person be honest enough to say what is obvious to a 5 year old: that it takes a mommie and a daddy to make a baby and without babies no kind of animals can continue to exist. I guess it's because your agenda trumps the basic reasoning of even a preschooler.

660griz

That was my assertion in post 55, to which many provided articles regarding homosexual acts among animals which, you will note, does not address the assertion. None of them were an example of homosexual procreation. .

That post was answered by pnone:
You really don't understand anything about "evolutionary theory". You don't even believe it. You're one of those creationists right? Of course no animals actually reproduce via homosexuality. But there are other animals that show homosexual activity.

There's no "law" here.
You chose to ignore that and continued with the reproducing thing which is crazy talk.

SemperFiDawg

And you are still on the having babies kick. <sigh>

Yeah but it looks like its about to Peter out from lack of refutable evidence. Everyone is picking up their toys and going home.

A whole lot better than the Bible gives us.

Your opinion. I think I could provide much evidence to the contrary.

The morality may or may not be accepted by mankind. It just depends on the maturity of your belief system.

I have to say, it totally amazes me the amount and level of 'proof' you demand for things that are proven and yet build your entire life and after-life around nothing.

I could say the same.

There are many aspects of the universe that still cannot be explained satisfactorily by science; but ignorance only implies ignorance that may someday be conquered. To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today. (Asimov)

Whereas he/you see a God of the gaps, I see a science of the Gaps.

SemperFiDawg

That post was answered by pnone:
You chose to ignore that and continued with the reproducing thing which is crazy talk.

I didn't ignore it. He actually affirmed my assertion but it was also that post where the thread turned to homosexual activity.
Here is pomes post.

You really don't understand anything about "evolutionary theory". You don't even believe it. You're one of those creationists right? Of course no animals actually reproduce via homosexuality. But there are other animals that show homosexual activity.

There's no "law" here.

660griz

Whereas he/you see a God of the gaps, I see a science of the Gaps.

Perhaps all the scientist and doctors should take a year off. Just let everyone pray for help. See how that works out for you.

SemperFiDawg

Perhaps all the scientist and doctors should take a year off. Just let everyone pray for help. See how that works out for you.

No man. I would be out of work.

I don't see it as religion/science, religion/medicine as an either/or proposition, but rather a both/and proposition.

Last edited: