Christmas Goodies

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got together up at my sister's yesterday. We usually do an appetizer spread for Christmas nowadays, which everybody enjoys, and we wind up stuffed and happy. Here were some of my contributions this year:

Homemade soft pretzel knots with beer cheese dip made with Yuengling lager:

pretzels.jpg

beercheese.jpg

Crescent roll sub sammich ring. Black Forest ham, smoked turkey, roast beef, provolone cheese, red onions, maters, and pickled peppers inside, seasoned with plenty of black pepper and oregano:

sammichring1.jpg

Roll it up, egg wash, sesame and fennel seeds, and into the oven until it's brown and poofy. This was delicious, and got gone quick.

sammichring2.jpg

Jalapeno/sharp cheddar fatty. It didn't last long, either:

fatty1.jpg

fatty2.jpg

fatty3.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to take pics of everything the family brought all put together, but suffice it to say I came home happy and stuffed to the gills.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I would eaten every one of those Pretzel knots with beer cheese sauce. :rockon: It all looks great! We always do finger foods now days. This year with everything folks brought, we took a trip around the world eating from various places and countries. It wasn't even planned. :rockon: I ate all day. :eek2:

tr21

I would eaten every one of those Pretzel knots with beer cheese sauce. :rockon: It all looks great! We always do finger foods now days. This year with everything folks brought, we took a trip around the world eating from various places and countries. It wasn't even planned. :rockon: I ate all day. :eek2:
and about half of that jalapeno cheddar fatty !!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That truly looks great. Did it get the Arlo stamp of approval. When you get a chance could you post the pull apart ring. That might go good on New Years eve or day
It's quick, simple, and good. That first pic pretty much shows how it's put together. I just took a big non-stick pizza pan (I would also have lined it with parchment paper if I'd had any,) and put a small bowl in the center. Then, take apart two rolls of wampum crescent roll dough, and arrange them around the bowl, overlapping as much as possible for coverage. Then, put on some provolone cheese, ham, turkey, and roast beef, maters, red onions, and pickled peppers, and season it good with cracked black pepper and oregano. (Blot and dry the maters and peppers as much as possible before you add them, so it won't get soggy as it bakes. ) Then, pull the bowl out, stretch and fold the ends of the dough over, and tuck them back under the center of the roll. Make a thin egg wash with a beaten egg, a little milk and water, and brush it on the top of the dough. Sprinkle some sesame and fennel seeds on there, then put it in the oven at 350-375 for about 15 minutes until it's brown and done. Let it cool off, slice it at the spaces, and that's about it. It serves well at room temp.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I try to do something different every year. I've even done sushi.