Christmas presents

georgiaboy

I made "matching" knives for my parents and in-laws. (I happen to like my in laws :D)

#1&2: AEB-L with G10 handles, liners and black micarta pins. MIL likes blue, Mom likes red.

#3 & 4: AEB-L with dyed and stabilized maple burl, Dad got an orange liner, FIL got a blue liner. Dad is left handed so he got a bigger palm swell on the left side and a little more belly for skinning. FIL's blade was modified to be shorter in height for general use/tinkering where I've seen him need to reach into thin spaces or slice wire sheathing.

#5: Wife got CPM154 with dyed and stabilized maple burl in a bird and trout pattern (thanks Scott) which also works well for prepping meat in the kitchen.

Next is a "trade" present for a hardcore hunter who also makes custom bullets and does some stabilizing work for another local maker. AEB-L with canvas micarta.

A shot of an early gift which is a petite knife for the wife of the landowner where I hunt. I forgot to get a pic of his big skinner. His was O-1, hers was AEB-L.

A big bellied skinner with green micarta and a thick red G10 liner. I ground a deep finger groove to show the red liner.

Attachments

• Christmas knives.jpg
    Christmas knives.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Christmas knives 2.jpg
    Christmas knives 2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 358
  • constants knife.jpg
    constants knife.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 349
  • dyed maple.jpg
    dyed maple.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 346
  • skinner.jpg
    skinner.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 350

wvdawg

Staff member
Wow! All very nice! I really like how the dye on the maple burl gives it the camo effect! Nice work and fantastic gifts!

georgiaboy

Thanks guys. The darker maple definitely had a camo effect, in person you can see the tiny burl eyes and the contours felt great. The knives for the ladies REALLY wanted to go in my pack, they are about perfect for what I like to clean and quarter or de-bone deer. I like a thin handle for control when I'm cutting one up.

John I. Shore

Good Job there GB!

John I.

georgiaboy

Good Job there GB!

John I.

Trying to improve each time. No sense in letting the help many here have given go to waste!

I told Scott that maybe soon he'd let me tell people he helped me get started. You guys have helped many new makers who are now doing some of the best work around.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Very nice looking knives, too bad I wasn't a recipient of one of those.

carver

Man the long thin one in the third pic with the maple wood handle is awesome (not that they all are not great)

jbrooker

Owen- nice gifts for the family and friends. However I see that Scott and I didn't make that list of friends to receive a knife, um whats up with that?

georgiaboy

Thanks guys. James I had two of the best I've ever made along with a bunch of BBQ and a plate of brownies, of and a nice deer hunt package. Did Scott not tell you or share?

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for the comments.

oakbend

Nice work Owen! I really like the set in the 4th pic. I'll pm you my address so you know where to send them :rofl:

georgiaboy

Thanks guys. Jarrett I'll send mine as well and just surprise me. 4th pic went to a family friend and wife of landowner where I hunt. The larger "bird and trout" is now my wife's "chicken and beef" knife.