Circle C Trap for Hogs

HIGH COUNTRY

What is the most economical fence to buy to build either a circle c trap or a corral with a trap door.

The five foot panels for livestock are like over 70 or more per panel...

Would the ones described below work, they are four gauge - heavy enough? Only $28 a panel...

Texas state agency said go with five foot tall, these are four foot and two inches at fifty inches - Is that enough, we can get there the same day they get in the trap using a cell camera?

Protect and contain your livestock with OKBRAND Max 50 Feedlot 10-Line Cattle Fence Panel. The feedlot panel is perfect for keeping cattle, pigs, goats, and other livestock or animals fenced in. The feedlot panel fence is lightweight and flexible, so it is easy to maneuver. with one pc. welded steel construction, this panel is extremely sturdy and sag resistant, making it the perfect low-maintenance, high-quality feedlot panel.

• Feedlot panel won't break down or collapse when cattle, pigs, sheep or other large livestock run into or rub against it
  • Constructed of 4 gauge wire Galvanized before welded
  • Graduated 8 in. vertical x 4 in. horizontal to 8 in. vertical x 6 in. horizontal mesh
  • Welded one pc. steel construction helps the feedlot panel fence last for years
  • Virtually maintenance free
  • Snag resistant
  • Easy to erect with no stretching
  • Not all panels available in all stores

sleepr71

I’ve had small hogs get through “Cattle panels” and get away. I’ve had a big Boar come over the same panels..and I think they are 52 in high. I would bite the bullet and either do 3-4 “Horse panels”.. which are 60 inches high… or get panels from Jager Pro.. which are designed specifically for wild hogs.;) Don’t skimp on the panels,or t-posts…is my advice.

longrangedog

I’ve had small hogs get through “Cattle panels” and get away. I’ve had a big Boar come over the same panels..and I think they are 52 in high. I would bite the bullet and either do 3-4 “Horse panels”.. which are 60 inches high… or get panels from Jager Pro.. which are designed specifically for wild hogs.;) Don’t skimp on the panels,or t-posts…is my advice.
I had the same trap and found that the football size pigs could get thru. They won't get away if you're ready to shoot when you approach the trap. They will stay close to the trap if you have mama caught. Had a big boar jump up and get a leg over when he saw me. He managed to pull himself over the wire by getting that one leg over. I was ready to shoot and got him with a load of #4 buckshot outside the trap. Had a friend with the .22 subsonic there to do the inside the trap shooting. The moral of the story is that with the 52" livestock panels you might lose a few football size pigs through the wire or a big one over the wire. Always expect one to get out when you approach the trap and be ready to shoot.

sleepr71

I agree..I just don’t want any “escapees”..they just grow up to breed,and are very difficult,if not impossible,to trap again.