Committee prediction thread

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
What’s your top 6 teams prediction for tomorrow by the committee ?

Mine

1-Michigan
2-Washington
3-Texas
4-FSU

5-bammers
6-Ohio state

Madsnooker

Mine

1-Michigan
2-Washington
3-Texas
4-FSU

5-bammers
6-Ohio state
I agree with your order of the top 4.

Although was just watching fox after the ttun game and everyone one of the talking heads including Meyer said they expect Bama to be #4 because clearly FSU is not one of the 4 best currently with the 3rd string qb. I was surprised, even though I agree, but how can you leave them out as an undefeated power 5 team????? Just don't think you can.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

Mine

1-Michigan
2-Washington
3-Texas
4-FSU

5-bammers
6-Ohio state
I agree with you. But that leaves out two of the best teams in the country. Plus tOSU as the third as all three could be FSU in my opinion.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I was surprised, even though I agree, but how can you leave them out as an undefeated power 5 team?????
Easy. Alabama has clearly gotten better since an early season loss to a Playoff team while FSU is clearly not a contender minus their star QB.

Barfolomew

How it should be:

Washington
Michigan
FSU
Texas

I would not be surprised if it ends up:

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

It's the last year of the BCS, so it will boil down to money and without an SEC team, that means the biggest market is left out of the playoffs. By putting in Bama, you get a huge draw and lots of "deserve to be there" drama with people watching to just hope that Bama gets beat.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I agree with your order of the top 4.

Although was just watching fox after the ttun game and everyone one of the talking heads including Meyer said they expect Bama to be #4 because clearly FSU is not one of the 4 best currently with the 3rd string qb. I was surprised, even though I agree, but how can you leave them out as an undefeated power 5 team????? Just don't think you can.

FSU is 13-0 and a Power 5 conference champ. If they don't get in then this whole thing is a charade. This is America. You advance in life based on merit, not some stupid popularity contest. When is this crap ever gonna stop in college football?

13-0 makes FSU better than Bama or Georgia, period. You don't hear any of this crap when people talk about FCS teams. They have had a playoff system for decades.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They went by records last year and everyone knew exactly what was going to happen. TCU would get throttled. And they did. I'm not saying that FSU shouldn't go, they should. They'll be a 14 point dog and probably lose worse than that. It is what it is

Yep but that's why none of the popularity contest crap matters. If you win, you're in. That's the way we roll in America everywhere except FBS fantasy college football. This "Best 4 teams" crap needs to be flushed down the toilet. 13-0 makes you one of the best 4 teams. And I expect FSU to get crushed.

Barfolomew

They went by records last year and everyone knew exactly what was going to happen. TCU would get throttled. And they did. I'm not saying that FSU shouldn't go, they should. They'll be a 14 point dog and probably lose worse than that. It is what it is
Um, after beating Michigan, not in the first round.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
The key will be the phrase "The four best teams" not the records. They don't want repeat of last years 65-7 finale.
That being said, i still don't see the Tide jumping that far.

BamaGeorgialine

Um, after beating Michigan, not in the first round.
Point being. They got throttled and were not one of the best four teams at that time. They had a terrible schedule and won seven games by six points or less. The committee put them in, AS THEY SHOULD HAVE. The same thing should happen this year. Put FSU in and watch them get embarrassed. Um, know what I'm saying? Apparently not

BamaGeorgialine

Yep but that's why none of the popularity contest crap matters. If you win, you're in. That's the way we roll in America everywhere except FBS fantasy college football. This "Best 4 teams" crap needs to be flushed down the toilet. 13-0 makes you one of the best 4 teams. And I expect FSU to get crushed.
I agree with you. I'm not disagreeing at all. You and I will get to watch whomever FSU plays get a bye. Nothing that we can do about it. Evidently Kirby doesn't see it that way. He be mad

brownceluse

Bama or Georgia would steam roll any of the other teams. Dawgs dont have a chance of getting in. Bama has a slight chance. If Michigan or FSU would’ve lost Bama would easily been put in. FSU land Michigan did what they needed to. So the SEC will be on the outside looking in this year. Texas will be you next NC if they go with Throwups top 4.

Goatman70

They could let Bama and UGA play each other again. That would partially pacify the SEC fan base. Then they can let Washington win it, since this is the last year of the PAC 12.

alphachief

There has never been a year under any championship format when those teams on the outside looking in with a loss didn’t claim they had “a better team” than one of the contenders for the title. Bottom line is we earned it…

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

And we’re as good as the top two with Tate at QB and our dominant defense.

hawkeye123

Top 4 teams Texas..Washington..Bama..Ga...Hairballs squad would get blown out by Ga or Bama like they always do..4 that get in Prolly Mich.
Washington..Fsu..Texas..Michigan should be barred anyway for cheating..snoozefest either Washington or Texas national champs